New to MFP

Options
I just joined this week at my doctor's suggestion. I love the site and hope it will help me. I need to lose about 25 lbs and although not a lot compared to others, it's something that has turned out to be very difficult for me, especially since I've always been able to manage my weight. I'm hoping that by getting and providing support from/to others I will be able to stay motivated to eat healthy. I have my first grandchild coming in August and I don't want to be one of those Grandma's that can't keep up with the grandkids :smile:

Replies

• cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me as a friend if you want. Lots of support and encouragement. Good Luck on your journey.
  • bgshearer
    bgshearer Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you... I'm so new I don't know how to add you as a friend... LOL
  • lindseypro
    lindseypro Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey! I'm pretty new too and it's always nice to have support! Hopefully you like the site and find it useful. All I can say is really commit to sticking to it. I used MFP for a while last year and just got away from doing it. Needless to say, I'm back and it's not because I LOST weight. Please feel free to add me as a friend as well! Good luck!
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Ive only been on here for 2 weeks but its great....lots of support! Feel free to add me as a friend : ) Just click on peoples pictures and it will take you to their page and there is a add as a friend button !
  • TURNBACK27
    TURNBACK27 Posts: 32
    Options
    welcome add me if u like
  • esskaym
    esskaym Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! The best way to get going is to add as many friends as you possibly can. Come across a profile and you feel inspired, add them. People here are really friendly and helpful.