Toning abs

Options
khloee1
khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
Hi I have a question....I really need to tone my core. I've lost 12lbs so far and am loving it! But I really need to step my game up on toning and getting a strong core. I currently am doing 30 day shred and zumba sometimes too. Any suggestions? I know nothing about exercising. :blushing:

Replies

• matman4444
    Options
    visible abs will pretty much only come with a low % body fat, so doing a lot of ab exercises won't be that beneficial because they don't burn very many calories.
    however if you have a pretty low body fat percentage and are trying to define your abs even more, my favorite exercises are the captains chair leg raises and ab roller, depending on your fitness level you can do planks/side planks or planks on a swiss ball while moving the ball.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Zumba is very good.
    I like 6 week 6 pack as well.
    Anything that will work the core while doing cardio to burn the fat off is good.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    bump,,,,,gotta follow this thread :happy:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    supreme 90
    https://www.supreme90day.com/?uid=DA9ACD9E7AC0FE9870989F58318BE4D8

just got a compliment today, my daughter noticed how tight my belly area is getting
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Diet first, squats, and deadlifts with heavy weight.

/thread

:bigsmile:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Exercise Ball Crunches
    Upper - Body Russian Twist on Exercise Ball
    Wood Chop using cable Machine
    Reverse Woodchop using Cable machine

Squats
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options

/thread

BAM! Yep.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

/thread

LOL! I was typing my comment at same time...

I forgot to add deadlifts

I presumed her diet was already legit...and she just needed to tone up a lil more
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

/thread

LOL! I was typing my comment at same time...

I forgot to add deadlifts

Great minds!!
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I heard about a book called You Are Your Own Gym on one of the forum posts here. I got it on Kindle, and then got the app (I think it was a couple $). It is basically a bunch of bodyweight exercises. There are some exercise plans, or you can pick and choose what works best for you. There are a lot of core specific exercises, but also, a lot of the other exercises work your core as well. My balance has improved a lot in just the 3 weeks I've been doing it.
  • cnick21
    cnick21 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to do Jillian's 30 day shred, did it for 1 year actually, got bored..so now I make up my own exercises and actually sweat a ton more than I did with Jillian, which is very surprising. I have found that reverse crunches work my abs (especially lower abs which is the area I wanted to work). I lie on my back, lift legs up and very slowly lower them till i'm about 1-2 inches from the floor, hold the position and repeat. You will absolutely feel your lower abs being worked when you do this. I do about 15-20 reps and my abs are actually pretty sore the next day. Of course this is in combination with other ab exercises as well but..the reverse crunches are by far the ones I feel work my ab muscles the best. Its also important to make sure you're getting enough cardio workouts as well. Cardio helps melt fat off, then the toning exercises will help to tighten and tone everything up.

As another poster suggested, you want to make sure you're tracking your fat intake for the day as well. You can exercise all you want but if you don't eat healthy, you won't see a difference because the sugars and fats get stored in your body, thus making getting toned even more difficult. I've had this exact issue and decided to try something different and so far its been working for me. I have quite a ways to go but I do see a difference. Hope this helps =)
  • khloee1
    khloee1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will start trying something different (will take all the advise thanks) I am almost done with 30DS....and has gotten a little boring for me. My belly doesn't have much fat left..lol But I def. need toning. It's soft? mushy? can't describe it. I want firm abs. Thanks for the advise.... :happy: