New to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm a new to this app and wanted to say hello! Im on a mission to lose 30 pounds, and I'm looking for supportive online friends to help me reach my goal.

My user name is: SSGPerry

Any helpful tips, encouraging words, or even just a good joke to make me laugh is appreciated. I wish everyone luck on their weightloss journey or getting fit journey!

Sincerely,
SSGPerry

Replies

• workoutgirl23
    Options
    hey. Welcome to MFP. This truly is a wonderful site. i'm so happy i found this place. after having my two kids, i was having the hardest time losing the baby weight. it wouldn't budge. i joined this site, started tracking my calories, and bam, i started losing weight. i've already lost 13 pounds in about a month and a half. so doing pretty well so far. i hope it keeps up. i have about another 15 pounds or so i want to lose.

feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Having friends on this site makes every thing so much nicer. The support is nice.
  • SSGPerry
    SSGPerry Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you!:heart:
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    I'm new today, seems like a great place. Good luck!
  • SSGPerry
    Options
    Thank you, Matt! And good luck to you too!
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    Hi, welcome to mfp.
    Good luck on your journey.

Feel free to add me (:
  • phillips2909
    Options
    I'm new this week and so far so good. This site is fairly user friendly so I'm hoping it will keep me focused and on track. I've been away from fitness too long and am ready for a change.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great site. Good luck on your weight loss journey:flowerforyou:
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Free to add me if you would like! :)
  • laurynmcl
    laurynmcl Posts: 13
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My goal is to lose 30 lbs. too. I started to get serious about this and am looking for support too. You took the first step - good for you!
    10293248.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Ive been here for a little longer and its wonderful. I have a few tips:

1. Have a question? Dont be shy about posting in the forum. You can receive great advice.
    2. Put a dollar in jar every time you workout. Set a goal for yourself (ex: $50 or $100) then use the money to reward yourself.  
    3. Indulge dont treat. (I think of treating as a Golden Ret. rolling over or sitting for a biscuit. Kinda weird. I think indulge I get to have something "forbidden")
    4. Take everyones advice to your own liking including what Ive just said.

Best of luck to you. :-)
  • flitenfly
    flitenfly Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to myfitnesspal and wanted to say hello. I want to lose about 70lbs. so I have a long road ahead of me. The site seems like it will help me keep on track.
  • SSGPerry
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the advice and support!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! This site is very helpful and there are great people here. I have about 25 pounds to lose myself. Feel free to add me!
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Hi guys and welcome. MFP is a great tool. I lost 100 pounds in 2011 but hit a plateau about 50 pounds in. MFP helped me break the plateau and lose another 50 or so. It's helped me keep it off, too.

You didn't ask for it but here's my advice- Don't lie to yourself about what you eat, many people do. I even catch myself "fudging" a little bit. Also, get a food scale. Most people underestimate the quantity they eat. You'll learn a lot about your body's fuels requirements, what it takes to lose weight, and what trips you up. Good Luck!