Is there a Gay and Lesbian Community on MFP?

Options
Hey I'm In NJ would love to connect with other LGBT peeps on here! Friend me!
Rock on!
Jeryl

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Community > Groups
    do a search there and you should find some options
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a specific LGBTQ+ community, not one I've come across, but there are quite a few queer folk around if you look for us :')
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I dont know for certain but most likely there is - all sorts of support going on up in here!! I hope you find what you are looking for :)
  • bigpenguin570
    bigpenguin570 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Not to be ignorant, but does it really matter what someone's sexual preference is when trying to lose weight? I'm sure you can get as much support from anyone man/woman, gay/straight, mobile/handicapped. Just a thought.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Not to be ignorant, but does it really matter what someone's sexual preference is when trying to lose weight? I'm sure you can get as much support from anyone man/woman, gay/straight, mobile/handicapped. Just a thought.

It doesn't really matter for weight loss whether one is a stay-at-home mom, or a Christian, or a gamer, or a book nerd either. And yet, *gasp*, there are communities for those groups! Why do you care? She asked a question because she wanted an answer. It's nice to have friends with whom you have something in common, even if it's not directly related to weight loss.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This site is as much about friendship and support as it is about weight loss.

As much as someone's sexual preference doesn't bother me, as a queer person in a population that is predominantly heterosexual, it is nice to have at least a couple queer MFP friends; not because sexual orientation or gender identity at all effects someone's value as a friend, or my ability to be friends with that person, but because it is often easier for me to relate to people who have had similar struggles to me.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Under the group forums is "LGBT+" as a community
  • guiltybyassociation
    Options
    theres a couple of us on here :P