New to MFP

Options
Hey everyone! New to the site and trying to get back to where I once was. I need to do this for me and my family. I did it he first time tor them and will give it a go again.

Plan on really trying to foucus on my eating and staying within my calories and not over thinking the whole thing.

I hope to meet a lot of new friends and stay connected with some old ones as well.

Matt

Replies

• danielled731
    danielled731 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm new also and looking to stay focused.
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Thanks for the post.

My focus has been all over the place lately. I really need to focus on one day at a time, that my hardest challenge.

Good luck!
  • jjsjrs
    jjsjrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can add me if you like. Same age same goal
  • missjohnson1
    Options
    Hello all. I'm new here and am looking to lose weight for health reasons. I've always been comfortable w my size and love it but the reality is I'm not a teenager any more and the older we get the less stress our bodies can handle. I'd love to have some new friends from here to be an encouragement to and who can also encourage me when times get rough. Congratulations to everyone who has decided to take control of their weight. You'll do great and feel great. :-).
  • lindasknight
    lindasknight Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you will do great!
  • HeidiJ810
    HeidiJ810 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have lost 25 pounds twice, and gained it all back twice. I'm trying to remember it is a lifestyle change and not a diet. I just logged back in today after months of focusing on other issues. Like you said, one day at a time! You can add me if you want :)
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    Welcome, and I have been using this APP for about 10 days...and so far I went from 190 to 184 (This application is great, and it motivates me). You are all welcome to add me also. Btw....im 19 so thats why I might look on the younger side.
  • teddieandfreddie
    Options
    I just started five days ago and really love this site. I have been battling my weight since my late teens. I really need to stay focused this time and hopes this site will help me. I would love any support i can get so feel free to add me. :smile:
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :smile:
  • cfry1020
    cfry1020 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I found this site by accident last November when my grandfather was in the hospital. Thought I might use it, but life got in the way, again! So, last week I decided to make the changes necessary to be alive in 15 years when my children will be old enough to have some kids of their own. While talking to a neighbor who recently lost 60 pounds, she told me about an app on her phone...this one!! I looked it up on the computer and realized that I had been here before, but didn't stick to it. Now that I have an android phone and can use it on the go...I think it will be much easier.

Anyway, I am technically new to MFP and I am hoping to lose about 60 pounds by next May. I get frustrated easily and I don't fight cravings very well. I love food, especially the stuff that is not good for me. I would love to have some friend here that will help me stay on track, and I would like to also motivate and keep you on track!! Add me if you like!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! New to the site and trying to get back to where I once was. I need to do this for me and my family. I did it he first time tor them and will give it a go again.

Plan on really trying to foucus on my eating and staying within my calories and not over thinking the whole thing.

I hope to meet a lot of new friends and stay connected with some old ones as well.

Matt

MFP is Great!

As someone who has lost 30lbs using MFP:

Don't think of this as a diet. Think of it as a lifestyle change as you are changing your lifestyle to become an even better, healthier version of yourself. :)