Sensa?

Options
Has anyone tried sensa? According to their website, you lose an extra 30 lbs...True????

Replies

• EvelynPierce
    Options
    I've been wondering that too?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few months last year...might have lost a few inches, but the scale did not move.
  • SkinnyByTammie
    Options
    I have the shakers, but since I started using this site I don't seem to need it. My doctor said it's the only thing I can use for help with my appetite due to high BP, but I"ve just been eating healthy and have lost 12 lbs without the Sensa. I DO love the drinks, 10 calories per 16 oz and it has vitamins, boosts your metabolism and tastes great! For me it did seem to make me full about half way through a regular meal.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What is Sensa supposed to do and how does it work?
  • kitkat040
    kitkat040 Posts: 2
    Options
    Waste of money. If you can control the portions then it will do you just as good if not better than Sensa will.

Sensa is a weight loss supplement you shake on your food. The stuff you sprinkle on has a smell that our nose can't detect, but our brain does. That smell triggers the "fullness button" in your brain and tells your stomach you are full thus eating less. I didn't notice a difference when I used it. I didn't need to control my eating all that much, but I got it on a super steal deal at work and tried it. I didn't notice a difference at all. If anything I ate less because I was grossed out at having these chemicals on my food. I honestly do not recommend it at all. For $89 you can buy so much more that will do you good, and promote weight loss.
  • SkinnyByTammie
    Options
    It is supposed to give your body the feeling of being satisfied before you would get there on your own. I did some research on it an decided to give it a shot, then realized that I would rather change my diet than eat less crappy stuff...My husband is still using it and it seems to help him.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It's a fad. A gimmick. If weight loss was as simple as sprinkling magic fairy dust on your food nobody would need to diet. There are no short cuts to a healthy sustainable lifestyle!
  • kitkat040
    kitkat040 Posts: 2
    Options
    I agree. If you don't change your diet, then it is not worth it. Teach yourself how to make better choices, and the weight will melt off.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    From their web site, it appears to be an appetite suppressant you sprinkle on your food. Of course, they don't disclose exactly what is in it, so it's hard to say whether it's a placebo, a safe and natural appetite suppressant like cinnamon that you can get WAY cheaper at the corner grocery store, or some untested new chemical that will cause your bowels to erupt through your esophagus in three months and strangle you in your sleep.

Given the lack of reports of bowel self-strangulations, I'd go with either of the two former, or an agent that might have less-severe side effects.
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I wonder if people would buy it to sprinkle on a fat spouse's food... would that work?

Is it tasteless/visible?
  • SkinnyByTammie
    Options
    I couldn't taste it but my husband sprinkles so much it looks like a light snow, LOL