5K tomorrow

Options
Ok - I'm doing a 5K tomorrow. I have done them before - and just take my time and usually walk them and finish in about an hr. However- I am in the middle of the C25K program. I'm on Week 3 now - in fact - I'm using tomorrow as my Week 3 - Day 3 workout.

So you people that run - since I don't qualify as that yet - what do I eat before the 5K? Should I just eat a little and eat more afterwards?

Thank you!

Replies

• ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    nothing that will make you have to use the bathroom. I wouldn't change anything than what you are doing for your workouts. Good luck and have fun!!!

Edited for spelling
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Don't have much to add as I've only done 1 race. Just wanted to say good luck! :)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Eat what you would normally eat before a run. Stick to whatever your routine is, do not make last minute changes the day of the race!
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Eat what you would normally eat. Don't try something new.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    eat something light and something that you have eaten before so that you dont upset your stomach. But for a 5K you dont need much fuel, just maybe a banana or oatmeal. Eat some protein after ur race.

Good Luck!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    If you usually eat before you do the C25K training then eat the same thing you normally would. If you don't usually eat, then don't eat tomorrow either.
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    Good luck and have fun! :)
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    have fun :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yep, just stick with your routine! And...actually be careful after the race...there will likely be free bananas, gatorade, carby things like soft pretzels or pizza and maybe even cookies and beer! You can easily plow down ALL of the calories and more that you've burned in 10 minutes after the race! Go for some water and a banana! I did one race that afterwards they had the kids Gogurt things which was kinda nice!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Ok - I'm doing a 5K tomorrow. I have done them before - and just take my time and usually walk them and finish in about an hr. However- I am in the middle of the C25K program. I'm on Week 3 now - in fact - I'm using tomorrow as my Week 3 - Day 3 workout.

So you people that run - since I don't qualify as that yet - what do I eat before the 5K? Should I just eat a little and eat more afterwards?

Thank you!

What would you normally eat on a 5K training run (yes, you get to call it a run - a "jogger" is a runner with self-esteem issues!)?

Eat that. No more, no less. If it's good enough to run a 5K alone, it's good enough to run a 5K with other people around.

Screwing with a routine that works is a good way to mess up race day.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I just ran my first 5k last Saturday...it was really early in the morning. I ate an apple,. drank some water and had some kind of "super-charged Gatorade" for performance. Good luck!!!
  • stefanieceleste0530
    stefanieceleste0530 Posts: 177 Member
    Options

a "jogger" is a runner with self-esteem issues!)?

HAHA! Love this - thank you (from this runner with self-esteem issues!)

And to OP - what everyone else said - don't mess with your normal routine!! Good luck tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great!! :flowerforyou:
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! :) I appreciate it! I'm excited!

I'm anxious to see how I do in a real 5k! :)