I cried - NSV

Options
pinklily905
pinklily905 Posts: 106 Member
Out shopping with my 14 yr old daughter tonight. Store was busy, she was trying things on and I was wandering the sales racks. Found jeans on for $7, as well as a cute grey dress for the same price. So I giggled, grabbed the size large dress, and 3 pairs of the jeans. Due to the busy store, daughter let me on her room.

On went the size large dress.....tight, but she liked it, and I liked it and can wear it the way it is, but know it'll be looking better in the few weeks left before my other daughter graduation. So now I have a dress...not a 1x or even an xl....but a L!!

Next..the dreaded jeans. I realized the last few days, how horrible my 18s are fitting. So, I tried on the 18....tool BIG! Tried on the 16.....better, but still quite loose. I am in shock, my daughter is grinning, and I'm saying it is NOT possible...as I pull on the size 14's....and I start to cry as I zip them quite easily, and see....they fit just right!!

Home...bottom drawer in dresser....Size 14 white jeans....been keeping them for years, never worn....and to make sure the $7 jeans wasn't a fluke, I try those white jeans on

And proceed to run through the house like a mad woman..showing everyone my Size 14's!

Sigh...I did it! Gonna keep on going but I'm just utterly thrilled right now

Replies

• celene23
    celene23 Posts: 3
    Options
    Way to go! :D
  • jjsjrs
    jjsjrs Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awsome nsv. Thanks for sharing
  • Jude1064
    Jude1064 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good job!! You should be proud of yourself!!! Can I have the 18's? I should be in that size soon!! LOL
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That is super! I cannot wait to get back to my 14's -- -that I dreaded so many years ago! GREAT JOB!
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Great job, I can't wait until I can get into those smaller sizes. :happy:
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Way to go!
  • RunChristyRun
    RunChristyRun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's a huge NSV! :)
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome victory!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Fabulous story and congrats! I have done the same and also felt like crying :flowerforyou:
  • DebigP
    DebigP Posts: 1
    Options
    You go girl!!!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I felt that way when I thought I was in one size, came home tried them on and long behold they were to loose so had to return them n get a size smaller. It felt great. SO congrats to you.
  • laneydawn
    laneydawn Posts: 64
    Options
    That is the best motivation there is to keep going! Good for you
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! I'm happy for you. I know how uplifting it can be. I felt sort of the same way when I was able to put on a pair of smaller jeans last week.
  • SanDFit
    SanDFit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What a nice surprise for you. Congratulations! I'm sure you have worked hard for it.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing.
  • kmmealey
    kmmealey Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Great news! Love to hear all "success" stories! I can't wait to fit into size 14s again either. Congrats.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    great work, congrats, I'm so happy for you!!!! ..let's start a clothes swab!
  • kristinlien04
    kristinlien04 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is the best feeling!
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • turtledreamer
    turtledreamer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That is superb. Way to go!

:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!