Just said no!!

Options
Not sure if this is where I should be posting this, but it is a victory for me. My hubby announced that he was going to run to Jack in the Box because he was hungry...did I want anything? OK, I love the ultimate cheeseburgers and curly fries.....and even though I wasn't hungry I was debating getting one.
I overcame, and said no, but did have him get me a small dr. pepper. Small sodas are unheard of for me.
Still, I am proud of my willpower and dismissing the thoughts, "one meal won't hurt" or "i can work out for an hour tomorrow". I stuck to my guns and am proud of myself!! I am really trying to believe that I am worth this. That it is more important for me to become skinny and proud of myself that eat a gooey cheeseburger that is probably going to clog my arteries!!
To hell with spouses coming home and undoing all our hard work!!!

Replies

• snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Great job! This is a step towards a better life style of healthier eating. It is hard if your spouse chooses different meals than you. Eventually he may follow your lead. You will see results as you take this a day at time. Keep at it.:flowerforyou:
  • SlimmingdownSusan
    Options
    Good for you! I can totally relate to this type of situation. I love me some cheeseburgers and fries! But I have done better these past few weeks resisting to all the naughty stuff. It's been a long time coming. These small steps really add up to the lbs. you'll be losing!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: From experiance I can tell you that with each good decision you make it will become easier. You ARE worth it!!! Maybe your husband will join you on this Journey, but whether he does or not, you don't have to let him derail your efforts.

Keep up the good work!! Soon you will be feeling so good that those Cheeseburgers will not even be tempting.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: From experiance I can tell you that with each good decision you make it will become easier. You ARE worth it!!! Maybe your husband will join you on this Journey, but whether he does or not, you don't have to let him derail your efforts.

Keep up the good work!! Soon you will be feeling so good that those Cheeseburgers will not even be tempting.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!
    :glasses:
    Good for you! Keep it up!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Not just husbands...but teenage daughters can be super frustrating when you're trying to lose weight. Especially mine...she loves sweets, and that's my weakness too. :laugh:

Good for you for resisting the cheeseburger! I need to try to resist a little more often.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Good job resisting! :drinker:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Ah! It's soooo hard to resist in a situation like this. Way to go!!!:bigsmile:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    Great job! It's hard to say no to easy & greasy but soo good to do it. Just remember that with an average of 1000 cals per fast food meal 3 meals equal 1 lb of body fat...Yuck! It's been 5 mths for me & for several months just the thought of fast food has been nauseating to me. I still love pizza & have it every few weeks as a treat but don't crave it anymore. I've even been with friends who were eating it & my healthy dinner actually looked better to me :) It will get easier for you too :)
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    Congrats - isn't it great knowing that you're in control! Wishing you continued success!
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Saying no is pretty hard... I have turned down cake, McDonald's, and cheese lately. Haha.
  • LadyLuck71
    Options
    Just keep a positive outlook and attitude! It takes me pretty far! Good Luck
    162706.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    Good job :) I'm still working on my willpower lol. Last night, BK's Cupcake shake and cheesy tots got the best of me :grumble: Stupid husband wanting junk food haha.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My husband loooooves blizzards....and so do I! But mostly I just get him something and I have a sugar free pudding or something of the sort. Keep up the good work! I know it's hard but it's worth it! ! :flowerforyou:
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    WTG!!!! You are more then worth it!!! Keep up the great will power and it will get easier for you :happy:

My favorite saying to myself and others is nothing tastes as good as thin and healthy feels :flowerforyou:
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Thanks for the support! And congrats to all of you who have shared in a success like this!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!