Calorie Intake

Options
How do I know that what mfp set for me is enough?

Replies

• kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    How do I know that what mfp set for me is enough?

Honestly I went to my doctor and another website that calculated by caloric intake per day and found them to be reasonably close. Thats if you do not lie about your weight, height, and if you are active or not. :)

Good luck and feel free to ask me for support or questions!!!
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was wondering that same thing too - on another site I've been at 1500, here I'm at 1400. I go back and forth between eating some of my exercise calories, but not all of them. If it works and I don't plateau then I guess it's working...
  • picimadar
    picimadar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and female, about 142lb (although that's dropping fast now, thankfully). I have mine set to 1200 as a baseline, and then eat back SOME of my exercise up to 1500. My exercise is tracked through fitbit, so usually it says I can eat 2000, though I only eat 1500. I have about a 800 calorie deficit per day.

Basically if you're not starving all the time, but not full, not tired, but not sugar-high, and not feeling faint or fatigued but maybe not able to push yourself QUITE as hard as you could before in your workouts, you're in a good place. Everyone is different, you need to find that number on your own (or with a doctor)!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Go to www.fitnessfrog.com or www.fat2fitradio.com/tools and run your numbers.
  • FerociousKitty
    Options
    mine is like 1300 0r 1400 i burn like 545 or more a day through workouts but im always starving so i eat it back :/
  • FerociousKitty
    Options
    Go to www.fitnessfrog.com or www.fat2fitradio.com/tools and run your numbers.
    thank you i'll check these site out
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    ANY calculation will give you a very rough estimate, at best. Track your progress and adjust as necessary.
  • FerociousKitty
    Options
    my tdee is 2394 on fitnessfrog.com
  • SkinnyByTammie
    Options
    I asked my doctor what the lowest calorie intake per day I could do and she told me 1200. When I signed up here and put in my info I got the same number.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    my tdee is 2394 on fitnessfrog.com

If I were you I would try to net around 20 to 25% under your tdee
  • FerociousKitty
    Options
    so 1300 or 1400 is enough you guys think?
  • FerociousKitty
    Options
    I'm five foot 3.5 and weigh 128 atm but it fluctuates
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Try 1700 ( that's about 25% lower than your tdee ) for a month and check progress, adjust if needed.