After you've fallen off your program

Options
TerrJohns
TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
After you've fallen off your program and were naughty for a day or two, a week or two. . . how long do you stay away from the scale to check the damage done?? My Memorial Day stretched into 3 days and I gave myself a full week to check what I might done.

Replies

• abigailmariecs
    abigailmariecs Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily (when a scale is available) that way when I fall off I can stop the slide quickly and get back on track. While tomorrow might be another day, I find when I use this mentality that tomorrow becomes tomorrow and the next and the next and nothing ever happens, well not nothing the scale loves to go up when I think like that.
  • mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    lol even if i fall off i still check the scale. Doesnt seem so bad as waiting a week.
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    It depends on how bad I fell.
    This year has been a roller coaster of on and off the healthy wagon.
    I wait until I am a day or two in the good again until I step on that scale.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    At least two weeks. Depends on how bad I was though.
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Former DAILY weigher--religiously for over 6-7 months.
    I haven't weighed at home since May 21.
    I did weigh at my doctor's office May 30.
    I have been eating so poorly over the past few weeks.
    I haven't decided when I'll weigh again!
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If i have a binge i weight myself the next day...1 to shake myself out of that thinking and 2 to drive myself to work even harder to get back to where i was and realize binging isnt worth being fat
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Then I get up in the morning...and get back on track....letting go of what happened.
  • rohmaansarii
    rohmaansarii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    After a cheat day/week I weigh myself the next morning just to check how bad i fell and then the next weigh in happens excatly a week later. I try to make up for my loss that week.
  • JRC47
    JRC47 Posts: 16
    Options
    Yup, you have to get back on the scale, as hard as it might be, for me it's all about being accountable, the longer I let it slide, the longer and harder it will be to get back into the awesome routine, that made me feel soooo good about myself...if it helps, give yourself three days...one to wrap your head around your new goal, two to start planning health meals again, and three to go for a big walk, clear your head..tell yourself you're not going to let one little slip, mess up all the hard work you've done so far!...then stick to your three days, and get back at er!!!...you can do it...I know you can!!!! :flowerforyou: