Anyone with fibromyalgia under age of 40??

Options
I have a fairly severe form of fibromyalgia and I am only 28 years old, so most doctors like to blame my aching joints on the fact that I am SO HEAVY MY JOINTS CAN'T SUPPORT MY WEIGHT. That was and I swear, hand to God,a quote from a doctor I saw once when I was 50 pounds LIGHTER than I am now. The day after I work out I am in so much pain I can't imagine doing anything other than sitting around. Is there anything you have done that works well for you to avoid some of the pain the next day and help so that you can work out or at least be more active?

Replies

• Marcy_Haws
    Marcy_Haws Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hello. im 24 i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 22. i had to improve my diet first before i could take on ANY exercise. i find the best thing i can do is stretch!! First i stopped (well almost) eating breads, milk, and processed sugars. then i started stretching, then eventually was able to start walking, but not a whole lot. the last thing you want to do is send yourself into a flare up and be in bed for 3 days after exercising. i was thinking of picking up on some light yoga, anything to not put stress in the mix. you want to find a light activity that is fun for you to do and stick with it. start out exercising 3-5 minutes a day for a week, then if you feel good enough add another 3 or 5 minutes on to that, for a week. its all about gradually working your muscles but not hurting them. you would be surprised how much you will be able to do and much more energy you will have after a few weeks. OH and one of the best things i have ever done is drink 100oz of water a day and cut out soda. it helps keep the water retention down around your muscles.
  • Irvika
    Irvika Posts: 11
    Options
    One of the first doctors I saw wrote on my chart that I was crazy as I would come to her office up to three times a week complaining of pain. I am seeing nice docs now. I decided to bit FM and get back to being sexy lol. So I decided to be in pain for a few days until the pain goes away. I began exercising daily up to two hours...painful but this time I didn't gave up despite the pain. Guess what now I have way less pain after exercise. To help alleviate the pain at the beginning I would put bengay all over my body or biofreeze. I feel great at least having a bit of control of my body