Any gluten free success stories?

Options
who lost weight from cutting out foods that contain gluten?

Replies

• amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    That's not the only reason I lost, but I am gluten & dairy free. Feel free to ask me anything! :)
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    52lbs gone is a success so far for me and my health has improved drastically, I have never felt better in my life. I don't eat grains at all anymore, except the very occasional white rice.
  • joanie75
    joanie75 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been gluten free for several months and I am down 37 lbs and I feel great. Good luck to you!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Marekdds, a friend of mine hit her goal weight recently and she doesn't eat gluten products due to allergy or something
  • morrisca
    morrisca Posts: 12
    Options
    I've actually had the opposite problem. I went gluten and dairy-free last year when I was diagnosed with Celiac's and I thought that would finally help me lose the weight I've put on in the last two years. But I actually started gaining more and several people I talked to have had the same experience.

Replacement breads, pastas, etc... have more sugar and fat to make up for the preservatives it can't have. So I think you can totally lose weight but as long as you focus on cutting out grains and don't just have gluten-free versions.

For those who lost weight, are you eating gluten-free pastas, breads, etc?
  • ably65
    ably65 Posts: 41
    Options
    I have been gluten free for several months and I am down 37 lbs and I feel great. Good luck to you!

Were you having trouble losing before you stopped the gluten?
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I've only been gluten free for a couple weeks. Haven't lost anything significant yet, of course, but I have noticed a considerable difference in how I feel. Biggest difference is that the bloated/yucky stomach feeling I had almost all the time is gone. My stomach actually feels flat. It's crazy. I also have more energy.
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    To answer someones question:

I don't eat gluten free store product including pasta/baked goods/cookies/desserts etc. Most of them are absolutely crap and you are far better off baking or making your own. I don't see how anyone could actually lose weight eating those products as to make up for the lack of gluten they are full of other kinds of crap, and still very starchy and etc because many are many with potato starch or rice flour, some with corn, which I also don't consume. As someone else said also, you won't lose weight eating those products purely because they are gluten free. I eliminated all grains except for the very occasional white rice and I miiiiight not be able to resist a piece of corn on the cob this summer.... but I attribute giving up grains itself as what has turned my health around, not just gluten.
    www.elanaspantry.com is my favorite site for recipes, though I do make my own substitutions for her sugar and oil choices.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!