Anyone heard anything about shakeology? Please share

Options

Replies

• Bub1971
    Bub1971 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ive just heard it is very good im about to start the insanity as soon as I muster up enuff courage lol and I got the Shakeology with it so im curious too. Feel free to add me and we might find out together lol.
  • seablue2009
    Options
    Oooooh insanity, yeah I'm scared of that, I am in my second week of doing P90x. Loving it!!!
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate shakeology. I mix mine with 2cups almond milk and 2-3 ice cubes.

I am in my recovery week on insanity!!! I have a motivational group on fb for programs like insanity, p90x, etc if anyone would like to join just message me :)
  • msperkey3
    msperkey3 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love it, have used it for over a year..chocolate is great!
  • hrtotten
    hrtotten Posts: 26
    Options
    I've been drinking it since it came out. Can't go a day without it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Pricey for a meal replacement and "protein" supplement. Beach Body is good at advertising, so it's not a wonder that shakeology is probably doing well.
    I couldn't bear paying $4 a shake knowing that the money is used more for MLM scam than for the ingredients in the shake itself. Personally I do well with Optimum Nutritions Nitrocore24 which is about $1 a serving compared to $4 dollars a serving.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Careful...you just opened the floodgates to the piranhas
  • photogal76118
    photogal76118 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    But that NitroCore stuff contains Soy Protein. Soy Protein is one of the worst things to put in your body as is soy milk. Its a major endocrine disruptor. You are not supposed to consume Soy unless it has been fermented like Soy sauce or Tempeh or tofu or Miso. Soy milk and soy protein isolate, textured soy protein and all that other non-fermented crap is reeeeeeaaaaalllly bad for your health.

Shakeology does not contain soy. And yes, it is kind of pricey but its got half your days worth of vitamins and minerals and its only meant to replace a single meal per day. At roughly $4 per meal, its cheaper than what you could buy at a fast food joint or even make yourself at home.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    But that NitroCore stuff contains Soy Protein. Soy Protein is one of the worst things to put in your body as is soy milk. Its a major endocrine disruptor. You are not supposed to consume Soy unless it has been fermented like Soy sauce or Tempeh or tofu or Miso. Soy milk and soy protein isolate, textured soy protein and all that other non-fermented crap is reeeeeeaaaaalllly bad for your health.

Shakeology does not contain soy. And yes, it is kind of pricey but its got half your days worth of vitamins and minerals and its only meant to replace a single meal per day. At roughly $4 per meal, its cheaper than what you could buy at a fast food joint or even make yourself at home.
    It has 10 protein sources and soy isn't one of them.

Supplement Facts
    Serving Size 1 Scoop (48 g)
    Servings Per Container 28
    Amount per Serving % Daily Value
    Calories 200
    Calories From Fat 45
    Total Fat 5 g 8% *
    Saturated Fat 1.5 g 8% *
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 45 mg 15% *
    Sodium 180 mg 8%
    Total Carbohydrate 14 g 5% *
    Dietary Fibre 5 g 20% *
    Sugars 2 g †
    Total Protein 24 g 48% *
    Vitamin A 0 g 0%
    Vitamin C 0 g 0%
    Calcium 100 mg 10%
    Iron 0.4 mg 2%
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
    † Daily Value not established.

Ingredients
    Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolates, Micellar Casein, Milk Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Concentrate, Egg Albumin, Calcium Caseinate, Glutamine Peptides, Whey Peptides), Creamer (Sunflower Oil, Maltodextrin, Modified Food Starch, Dipotassium Phosphate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Tocopherols), Fiber Blend (Polydextrose, Partially Hydrolyzed Guar Gum, Inulin), Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Natural And Artificial Flavors, Gum Blend (Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan), Lecithin, Salt, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Sucralose, Aminogen

Directions
    NitroCore 24

Warnings
    Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.

And for $120 a month that is one weeks worth of food or more Nitrocore 24 for me. Not to mention that Optimum Nutrition's products aren't manufactured by a 3rd party but by themselves.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • photogal76118
    photogal76118 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • weezyeats
    weezyeats Posts: 1
    Options
    i feel like i saw this thread yesterday... where's that guy with the funny willy wonka macros?

from what i understand, shakeology isn't worth it.. calories are calories. output > input and you'll lose weight.. people who sell the shakes aren't in the business of selling shakes, they're in the business of making money.
  • ShayeJohnson
    ShayeJohnson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Well idk about the others that are going crazy about whether it is this or that, but if you would like to try it (for free) i can send you a box.. Inbox me and we can talk.. Thats all I have to say on that, lol.
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    to much $$$, dont care how good it is
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

unbiased research sources, please. ;)
  • guapogringo
    guapogringo Posts: 201
    Options
    Its overpriced and they try to get you in the club so they can get the reoccurring billing thing going on. Try Muscletech Whey available at Costco.
  • Doing_The_Unstruck
    Doing_The_Unstruck Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Just take the money and go buy real food.
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did the Shakeology 10 Day Challenge last fall and I actually just started the 3 day cleanse. I like the Chocolate, but didn't care for the Greenberry. It really does fill me up for breakfast. As someone who has tried (and wasted money on) so many other things, I think the bag of Shakeology isn't *that* expensive. If you find a Beach Body coach, they may sell you the individual packets so you can try it out for a little bit cheaper.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Careful...you just opened the floodgates to the piranhas

Methinks I agree with you... This vs. That. That vs. This. SO MANY CHOICES! :angry:
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

I'm mostly with you on unfermented soy, there's some good science behind that. (Though I disagree that it's dangerous in any quantity. It's a problem in quantities larger than 30 - 60 grams/day.) Shakeology, not so much. The only "study" they cite is more of a subjective survey of people using the product. There is no objective data what-so-ever and no control group.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options

unbiased research sources, please. ;)

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/phytochemicals/soyiso/

The University of Oregon has some really good, balanced, information on soy. While soy isn't as dangerous as she stated, it's also not benign for everyone, and even it's beneficial effects are usually overstated. For those of us who are survivors of female and urinary tract cancers, there is a lot of educated opinion that little to no soy is the safe amount.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12496060