Another plateau question

Options
I really need help, I have read the forums till I'm blue in the face trying to figure out what to do to get off the plateau train. I've increased my calories, and increased my protein. I'm strength training at least 3 days a week and cardio around 5 days a week. I'm just not sure what I'm doing wrong, I have been in a plateau for almost 5 months now with VERY little weight loss (about a half a pound a month if that). Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• songbird1973
    Options
    Bump
  • songbird1973
    Options
    Bump again
  • Venturin
    Venturin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Consider running. I started 2 weeks ago and now that I can go a few miles at a clip the pounds are beginning to drop.

-V-
  • songbird1973
    Options
    I've been trying to run at least once a week but maybe I will try to get more than that in. Thanks for suggestion!!!
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Have you tried calorie cycling?

If not, go to: 7 day calorie cycle (zig-zag)
    http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm and put in your data then see what it gives you.

Also, if you search on the MFP forums with the words, "calorie cycling" or "zigzagging calories" you will see posts from people who like it as well as those who discount it. It may be worth a try since it seems you are doing lots of other stuff "right"!
  • songbird1973
    Options
    I will definately check this out, thanks!
  • drunkoblivion
    Options
    try fast walking on incline for like 20 mins every day, no more than 30 mins tho
  • Aoi715
    Aoi715 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There may be many things that are interfering with your weight loss:

-You may have lost large amounts of weight previously too quickly that your body is trying to catch up
    -Some people lose weight slower than others
    -You might be over exercising and cauing your body to remain fatigued without you even realizing it
    -Remember muscle weighs 2 times more than fat; so you might see more weight on the scale but it might not be fat it could just be muscle mass.
    -Are you getting enough sleep? Sleep helps with metabolism. Remember to get plenty of rest.
    -Are you drinking enough water? Don't drink calories* (Soda, Wine, Beer, etc)-
    -What are you eating? Are you portioning the amount of food for YOU correctly?
    -Is there enough vitamin and fiber in your diet?

This is as much as I can think of for now. Best of luck. Sorry if none of this helped.