Thursday Check In Group - October 29th

Options
Down 2 this week for me ...

YEAR END GOAL: I would like to be 20 lbs. lighter by then ... that would bring me to 169 lbs.
July 16 - 189 lbs.
July 23 - 187.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs.)
July 30 - 186 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. this week)(-3 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 6 - 184.5 lbs. (-1.5 lbs. this week)(-4.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 13 - 185 lbs (+.5 lbs. this week) (-4 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 20 - 183 lbs (-2 lbs. this week) (-6 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Aug 27 - 180.5 lbs (-2.5 lbs. this week) (-8.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 3 - 181.5 lbs (+1 lb. this week) (-7.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 10 - 179.5 (-2 lb. this week) (-9.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 17 - 176.5 (-3 lb. this week) (-12.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Sept 24 - 174.5 (-2 lb. this week) (-15 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Oct 1 - 176 (+1.5 lb. this week) (-13.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Oct 8 - 177 (+1 lb. this week) (-12.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Oct 15 - 176 (-1 lb. this week) (-13.5 lbs. since the Thursday group formed)
Oct 22 - 176 (stayed the same this week)
Oct 29 - 174 (-2 lb. this week) (-15.5 lbs total)
Nov 5
Nov 12
Nov 19
Nov 26
Dec 3
Dec 10
Dec 17
Dec 24 MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE !!!

Replies

• AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Wow Magglett, fantastic job, you only have 4.5 to go till you reach your end of year goal, well done!
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds this week as well. Only 2 more pounds left til I reach my goal. I think I will set a new goal once I reach this goal because last year around this time I fit into these boots that are my faviorite and I was'nt able to fit into them all this time until today, I can zipper them up but they are really tight so I think my new goal will be to fit into my faviorite boots comfortably.

Welcome AlmostHot to our group:flowerforyou:

July 30th - 154 pounds
    August 6th - 150 pounds
    August 13th- 150 pounds
    August 20th - 147 pounds
    August 27th - 144 pounds
    September 3rd - 144 pounds
    September 10th - 144 pounds
    September 17th - 144 pounds
    September 24th - 142 pounds
    October 1st - 143 pounds
    October 8th - 141 pounds
    October 15th - 140 pounds
    October 22th - 139 pounds
    October 29th - 137 pounds

2 more days until Halloween!

halloween.jpg
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Hi all! i am new to site and would like to join your Thursday check in group. I have been on my journey for almost 10 months now and have lost 97 lbs to date. 2 lbs since last Thursday. Congrats to all on the weightloss.
  • sheri5734
    sheri5734 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hey Ladies, welcome new ladies to the group :happy:
    I will keep this short today as I think i maybe coming down with the flu so I am not feeling well at all:sick:
    I stayed the same this week and when I have more ambition I will chart it :wink:
    Congrats to all you losers :laugh:
    Sheri
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Welcome Rdy2Lose128 to our group:flowerforyou:

Congratulations on all your weight loss so far. 97lbs is a lot. Good for you:drinker:

Sheri, Hope you feel better soon, I never had the flu but I am sure its not fun. I actually got the flu shot at work this week so hopefully I won't get it although you never know and I heard that this year the flu is supposed to be pretty bad.

Hope everyone has a great dauy:smile:

-Tanya
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hey ... it's nice to see our little group is growing a bit. Welcome to all the Newbies ... it's great to have you here.

CD2ClipArt4.jpg
  • magglett
    Options
    Wow ... it's going to be a crazy busy day here today at work ... and then I have a tour to give tonight. Yikes!!! At least it's Friday. I'm here to confess this morning ... I ate some licorice and potato chips last night just before I went to bed. I don't know what I was thinking ... now I have heart burn. Serves me right ... LOL. Oh well ... today's a new day and I hope to do some big hiking this weekend to burn it all off.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!
    halloween.jpg
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Happy Friday to you too. I admit, I fear the weekends. I do great all week long. I get in my 30+ min a day of exercise and stick to my calorie and fat targets. Come Friday, my routine gets thrown out the window. My husband likes to take the family out to dinner at least once during the weekend. And it is almost impossible to exercise with 4 kids running all around you asking for something. To make matters worse, Sunday is my Anniversary. Every year my hubby takes me out for a steak dinner and a movie. I am trying to come up with something else that we can do this year. Me and steak, and dinner rolls can not resist one another. :love: I would love to go dancing, problem is I have not been able to get my husband to dance as long as we have been together. He has two left feet and gets to embaressed to dance. He did tell me last night that we could dine at Subway for our anniversary this year :noway: I really don't want to celebrate over a sub and some fat-free chips. No thanks lol. Any ideas would be welcome Thanks :smile: ~ Tonya
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Tonya, I don't know if there is a Cheesecake Factory by you but thats a nice place. Also you can view the menu online and there is even a website where you can view the calories in each dish which is pretty good. They have all kinds of things, and their salads are really good. Hope this helps.

-Tanya

friday-145.jpg
  • magglett
    Options
    Tonya ... I hope you have a wonderful Anniversary. Tanya gave you a great tip when it comes to eating out. Check out their web site before you get there ... if you decide before you arrive what you want then you don't even have to look at the menu. I've found that one of the keys to successful weight loss is planning ahead. All the best to both you and the hubby.

halloween_blk_cat_vintageA.jpg
  • Rdy2Lose128
    Options
    Thanks for the tip Tanya. I wish that I had been able to get back on here before this morning. Anniversary kinda turned out a lot different than expected. I ended up at the E.R with my niece who was rushed into emergency surgery late last night. Of all things it was due to an ear infection that didn't respond to Antibiotics. Poor thing. It was starting to spread to the brain and caused her jugular vein to clot. She is in critical but stable condition this morning. I know this doesn't relate to fitness or anything but I wanted to post this for all the moms out there. Ear infections are nothing to mess around with. My sister took her to the ER 5 times in the last 2 weeks and to the doctors office twice with severe headache, ear ache, neck pain, and neck swelling. And it took the 5th trip and 3rd antibiotic to fail for them to finally investigate further. These ERs are rushing these sick children and adults I might add out as fast as possible assuming that everyone is just in fear of the latest flu. They won't know for at least the next 48 hours if she is out of the woods or not. May have to do a second surgery. They had to drill away infected bone and removed so much fluid and a cyst which they think was the cause of the infection. They are planning on giving her blood thinning medicine through IV to try and get rid of the clot. If that doesn't work, then they have to go back in to tie it off from what I am told. All this and she is only 9 years old. Lesson to be learned from this is that when Our kids are sick and the doc says one thing but you feel in your gut it could be more, push push push and push some more until they slow down and listen. It could be a matter of life and death. I will from now on go with my gut.
  • magglett
    Options
    Oh my goodness Tonya ... My heart and thoughts are with you, your niece, and everyone else involved. I'm praying for all.
  • lisaaan
    Options
    Hi All,

Forgive the slackness of my post, busy week.

Oct 8 - 201
    Oct 15 - 197
    Oct 22-198
    Oct 29-196
    Nov 5
    Nov 12
    Nov 19
    Nov 26
    Dec 3
    Dec 10
    Dec 17
    Dec 24
    Dec 31

Down two . I am very happy with that.

A big welcome to the new ladies! I hope you find this group motivating.
    Since joining, I am starting to recognize how important it is for me to drink water. i used to drink it faithfully ,8-10 large glasses....That is also when I was 40 pounds lighter.
    Now I struggle to get eight tiny gulps in me a day.....So I think I am going to set a mini goal, to drink 8-10 large glasses a day................two down.....

take care!
    going to see david copperfield tonite! xcited!!!!

lisa
  • sheri5734
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your neice Tonya, hope she pulls through. Keep us in the loop and vent if you have to girl it will make you feel better.
    Sheri
  • magglett
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I appreciate each and every one of you ...

app581751252363149.jpg
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Wow Tonya, pretty scary stuff. My daughter constantly had ear infections when she was younger but not any more. I thought that when they get older they no longer get ear infections but hearing what you told I am definatly wrong. That really opened my eyes. I really hope your niece gets better. Your sister must be going crazy right now. Just be strong for your sister and hopefully everything will be fine in the end. My thoughts are with you and your family in this hard time.

-Tanya
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Aw, thank you Maggie and we feel the same way about you:flowerforyou:

-Tanya
  • sheri5734
    Options
    :blushing: thanks Margie that's really sweet to hear, I needed that today:happy:
    Back at ya!!!
  • magglett
    Options
    Hmmm ... this isn't going well at all ... it's only 3:45 PM and I still have to have my supper and my calories left for the day is at (negative 41). I'm pretty sure I'll be going over today. Oh well ... I'll eat something nutritious and act like I didn't go over during the day ... I'll just carry on. Hope you're all doing better then me. It all started with that Whole Grain Raspberry muffin from Tim Hortons for breakfast and it's been downhill since. :blushing: Can you believe they have 400 freaking calories???
  • tanya7712
    Options
    Thats crazy for a muffin. I made muffins last night and they are less than 200 calories and they taste great. I think I will be over today too because I was soo hungry at lunch today because I did'nt have my mid morning snack, I was feeling a little under the weather earlier so I pigged out at lunch and now I think I only have a little over a 100 calories for dinner. So unless I work out hard after work, I will definatly be over my calories for the day. Don't feel so bad Maggie, your not alone and we all have our days.

Hugs,

Tanya