Raw food diet

Options
Has anyone tried it/ is anyone trying it? It's tempting- get to eat as much as you want and I love fruit and veggies :)

Replies

• Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am trying to avoids fads of any kind this time. I always regain. If you want a lifestyle change I think you have to go with variety.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Raw foods is the way to go. Do it, but do it right! So many people do it wrong. Stay away from "high-fat raw" approaches. Doug Graham's book, "The 80/10/10 Diet" is a great reference. If you are going to go raw, it's best to read up on it first.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I tried this once since I really love sushi. I was eating raw fish, beef and pork and it was so yummy. I lost a TON of weight too. Then one day they found the tape worm and had to take it out. I regained all my weight after that :grumble:
  • HuntingArpegius
    HuntingArpegius Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    tapeworms are only found in freshwater fish so yeah :indifferent: I eat all raw minus the meat which I cook and have lost almost 10 lbs in 1 weeks :smile:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I just eat tape worms to feed the tape worms I have already....its all squirmy in me.
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    While I do cook some of my food, I've been only eating foods that don't REQUIRE fire to make (paleolithic diet), and I've been doing it for a year. It's now incredibly easy, and I've learned about lots of new foods and preparation styles. I honestly don't feel the need to ever go back to eating processed foods.

I also want to add that, at least for me, since I've started eating real food I've noticed that my body tells me what sort of nutrients I need. I don't get cravings anymore for sweets and things like that, so my cravings are for bananas, or meat, or whatever. When I haven't had enough carbs, I'll get a craving for a pear, when I haven't eaten enough protein, I'll get a craving for a steak or piece of chicken (not fish, fish meat is practically a vegetable :tongue: ). That way, I don't really have to worry about whether I'm getting the proper composition of food groups, my body does it for me and is more accurate than I could ever "calculate".
  • purplegherkin
    purplegherkin Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys but forgot to mention I don't eat meat .
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey! Add me as a friend if you like - I eat mostly raw but still watch my calories (1200-1400/day) fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch or vegetables with hummus (not raw, I know, but protein source). For dinner I might include a serving of bread or a tiny amount of grain, but not everyday. I still drink coffee occasionally and the odd wine/cider. I don't follow any strict plan but have found I feel better and lose more weight the more plant fibre and less starches I eat. I eat some fish occasionally but no other meat, get protein from beans, fat-free yoghurt, and low-fat cheese. My diary is open. I have lost 26 pounds in 6 months!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Does this mean I can be palo and eat no bake cookies??
    Im in!