My Fitness Pal or the machines?

Options
Do you tend to go with what the machine says for calories burned or My Fitness Pal? Or something else?

Replies

• Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I go with MFP,
    except for on the exercise bike, where it tells me a rough guess of how many calories i have burned based on how long i have been peddling for and how fast i have been peddling for.
    Which is surely better than mfp's how long and guess the speed you where going at..
  • sivankeren
    sivankeren Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I usally go with the machine, because I feel the MFP it way too high...
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I usually go with the machine and adjust the calories in MFP but it is not normally that different
  • alfie1313
    alfie1313 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I tend to look at both MFP and the machines to compare them both, and then go with a happy medium that way it cant be far wrong... i hope LOL :-)
  • HealthfulLife
    HealthfulLife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Although both the machine and MFP can be unaccurate because it does not usually account for your HR , I usually stick with the machine. Some machines have the ability to obtain a rough estimate of your heart rate. Also, depending on what program you are doing on the machine it may take into account your weight and age (if entered). Both the machine and MFP cannot be 100% accurate so if possible, invest in a HRM which is going to be the most accurate of all 3!
  • nansidhe
    nansidhe Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't have a heart rate monitor, so I go with the lowest number.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    i go with the machine if it gives me an amount. The other times I use MFP to calculate.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    not the machines for my weight that is for "normal weights" :blushing:
  • bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I ignore both and go with math. Both the machines and MFP overestimate.
  • SidneyCarr
    Options
    Typically, I am comfortable choosing the lower number because I feel like it would help me in the long run.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i go with HRM. It is more accurate than the machines and MFP. The latter two are estimates. However, the longer you exercise, the greater the corolation (spelling) between HRM, MFP and a treadmill.