New joiner.

Options
Aiming to lose around 20lb by healthier eating and some exercise, my downfall is working in an office sitting down all day people fetching treats in etc and also drinking heavily mainly on a weekend, any tips for healthier meals etc welcome.

Regards

Les.

Replies

• Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • LooseWheel
    LooseWheel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Indeed about to go back that work environment with an office job starting in a week. It just blows things out for me. Gotta make big changes with the routine. Easy things though can be integrated to start with. Stand when you use the phone. Get up every hour, make a trip to pass on message instead of email responses. Drink more water to give you more trips to the bathroom huh!

Your morning food has to be the best starter, lunches and snacks need to be planned and dinners simply need to reduce in serving size. start to learn your 'almost full feeling' and you will learn to stop over eating at dinner time.

If you are moving more, get the cal limit up for your MFP food input as it truly is an odd concept to eat more to lose more, but it works. If you are moving less, reduce the cal limit and see how you go. I work in Kilo's here in Australia, so have to do some calculations to work out the pounds thingy, but it doesn't sound like too much.

LOL, just used a conversion chart and found you need to lose under 10kgs too. My aim right now. Happy to add you as a new MFP friend and give support along the way ok.

Best of luck, set out a food and fitness plan, focus on your true end goals and the results will follow if you stick to the plan.

cheers matey
    Lou
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey Lesbaxby Welcome to MFP. Ive been here for a while now and lost 24 kilos (53 pounds) since December.

Lous (shes a great buddy) given you a few great tips. Swap your booze on weekiends for water...whats it good for any way! (other than a hangover), drink heaps of water when you're at work to stave off the munchies. Have healthy treats close at hand to avoid the sugar stuff...pop corn is great, can eat heaps and not blow your cals. Nuts and fruit...and when you find soething you love keep going with it.

I have my treadmill and even though lately cause I've had the flu I've not used it I cant wait to get back on.

Its hard work, but you can do it. And a tip with friends add those that really want to support you.....not just perve.
  • lesbaxby
    lesbaxby Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks for the advise, Popcorn? I thought that would be bad for you.

I agree re add friends that support, I'd very much doubt anyone would 'perv' over me anyway lol but it doesn't seem that sort of site anycase.
  • joannlynn2
    joannlynn2 Posts: 22
    Options
    You can all add me if you want :)
    I just re-joined this site today
  • pebbles2911
    Options
    You can add me... and popcorn isnt bad for you, it is all the butter thats all over it. so find popcorn that lacks the butter.