Why Are My Weigh-In Day Numbers Never Good??

Options
For some reason, every time I have dieted I always show a better weight loss the day after my weigh-in day. I wonder why. Maybe I put too much pressure on myself for weigh-in day? Yesterday was my weigh-in day and I showed a weight loss of .2 lbs. Today I get on the scale and I am down an additional .6 lbs (total .8 lbs for the week). I'm thinking maybe I should just stop having a weigh-in day. Does anybody else go through this? This has always happened to me.

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Change your weigh-in day? Seriously. My weight is all over the place during the week-up, down, wild swings in both directions. My weight tends to stabilize over the weekend so I use Sunday as my weigh-in day. I'm assuming the fluctuations have something to do with my overall lifestyle (overall activity level during the week vs weekends or eating schedules or whatever). So I picked a weigh-in day that I assume most closely approximates the "real" number (I make this assumption only because I assume the lack of wild swings indicates that I've "settled" at that particular weight).

Or skip weigh-ins altogether and go by measurements/clothes fittings or weigh less often or just keep doing what you're doing. Over the long term, it doesn't matter if your "official" number is .6lbs off-you'll catch up the "official" number in a week or two or three.
  • kare4acure
    kare4acure Posts: 18
    Options
    Change your weigh-in day? Seriously. My weight is all over the place during the week-up, down, wild swings in both directions. My weight tends to stabilize over the weekend so I use Sunday as my weigh-in day. I'm assuming the fluctuations have something to do with my overall lifestyle (overall activity level during the week vs weekends or eating schedules or whatever). So I picked a weigh-in day that I assume most closely approximates the "real" number (I make this assumption only because I assume the lack of wild swings indicates that I've "settled" at that particular weight).

Or skip weigh-ins altogether and go by measurements/clothes fittings or weigh less often or just keep doing what you're doing. Over the long term, it doesn't matter if your "official" number is .6lbs off-you'll catch up the "official" number in a week or two or three.

Good Advice, well said. Same thing happens to me, I might see that low number one time and then not see it again for a week, but providing I stay on track..it does come back and stablizes and becomes the norm til the next low number shows itself :) (if that makes sense)
    Best of luck!!!!