1 year later - 30lbs down! (with pictures)

Options
AEC50
AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u397/dsm3407/beforeandafter.jpg

Over the past year, I've finally started taking good care of myself. It started with getting back to the gym and buying a bike last summer. In January 2012, I found MFP and haven't looked back - I have tracked everything I've eaten since then (except for a two week trip to Europe and even then I managed to come home 2lbs lighter just because I was more aware of what I was eating!) and am 30 pounds lighter today than I was one year ago. I've run a 20k and one half marathon and will do another half on the 4th of July. I'm also going to do two days of RAGBRAI, the big old bicycle ride across Iowa.

If I - who stacked three cheese wheels for my wedding cake and have a husband who is constantly making delicious homebrew - can do this, so can you!

ETA fixing the photo link, I hope.

Replies

• deniac
    deniac Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you!!! That is my goal to lose 30 pounds!! I just hope it dont take a year to do it ...im barely starting MFP and I am loving it. Good luck on your future success!
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    beforeandafter.jpg

pics fixed to show
  • garita93
    garita93 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Great work. You look awesome.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment, good for you.

Your note about coming home form Europe down 2 pounds because you felt that you were more educated about your food choices is exactly where I want to be. I want to be able to make a choice and know I won't be at the computer mad at myself for not knowing that one of my food choices was a horrific error. Thanks for the post.
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fixing my pictures, RitaRed!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Nicely done....... :-)
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    good job!
  • tracyjh01
    tracyjh01 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • iuali81
    iuali81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Keep up the good work!!
  • ginamarieclark126
    Options
    You look great...

Cheese Wheels, really? That's hilarious!
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    You look great Awesome Job
  • beckywilkeherbst
    beckywilkeherbst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment!
  • msuzie
    msuzie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!

And I wish I had thought of the cheese wheels for my wedding. I love cheese a lot more than I love cake... :)
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Nice work, that's about where I'm at.. my highest was 170.. I'm currently at 157, and I'm working towards 135.

Great inspiration you are! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!