Stretch Marks

Options
How do I get rid of them?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Start learning to love them, because you can't. They'll fade somewhat with time but they never really go away completely.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The only thing you can do is use a moderate amount of vitamin E oil and a lotion with cocoa butter. It will reduce them slightly but they'll always be there. No worries, EVERYONE has them. :smile:
  • Fizzurpp
    Fizzurpp Posts: 11
    Options
    Ok Thanks
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    There are creams and gels that really help reduce the appearance.

Scar gaurd works really well but it is a liquid that you put on and then it peels off so, its something that should be applied at night.

There is also Mederma for scars ... this works well too and scar zone is similar to Mederma and works good too.

I have also been using the Nivea -Goodbye cellulite products (cream and gel) and even though they are for cellulite they seem to help my stretch marks as well.
  • SergeiKay
    SergeiKay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i was wondering about that as well. my stretch marks are of a nice bright-pink or sometimes purple color. Was hoping that a cream for post-pregnancy women would do the trick of at least making them less obvious.

I have a very old stretch mark that returned to somewhat skin color, it's a little lighter, but it least it's not purple! hopefully the suggested creams will get me similar result in shorter time.
  • herwitsend
    herwitsend Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The purple ones are the fresh ones. They will fade eventually to a silvery skin color.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Keeping the area (and your body in general) moisturized will help (and will help a little to stop new ones forming) Palmer's Cocoa Butter (I think Regular is fine but they also have a special stretch mark cream) and Bio oil are what I have always heard women recommend using. I got them on my boobs when I breast fed my first (nothing during pregnancy though), and having no idea what they were at the time I never did anything with them, and they gradually faded out to thin silvery white lines, almost totally unnoticeable unless they catch the light, my man has them on his upper thighs from when he did army training and was rather a lot more beefy, but his are also faded now. So even though they suck when they are red and new, they can fade, it just takes time.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Genetics = stretch marks :(
    My genes suck :D
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Genetics = stretch marks :(
    My genes suck :D

Yep my whole family has em.. even the skinny ones.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bio oil is good and a bit of sun i found helped mine!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Start learning to love them, because you can't. They'll fade somewhat with time but they never really go away completely.

Sad, but true. I'm living proof.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I was using cocoa butter to help mine fade, but as I kept losing weight, I ended up getting MORE stretch marks...so I gave up.

So like a previous person posted: just learn to love them/tolerate them.
  • xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    You can get them lasered by a dermatologist, its been shown with some people to remove up to 75% of the appearance. Only downside is that it costs a lot and requires several treatments before you see real results.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

This, exactly! Well, I don't love mine, but I've accepted them as a reasonable trade off for two healthy kiddos :smile: