What is something filling but healthy to eat for breakfast?

Options
Hi! I am new to MFP and I'm tired of eating oatmeal and eggwhites for breakfast...any advice or tips on what to eat for breakfast???

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    You don't have to limit yourself to 'breakfast food'. You can eat anything healthy for breakfast - Yesterday I made two little 'pizza's' out of 2 pieces of Wasa whole grain crisp bread with cherry tomatoes, green onions, shredded provolone, salt and pepper - then into the toaster oven. Low cal, well rounded.
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    what about mixing greek yogurt with siome fruit or whole grain cereal?

Cant go wrong with some of those chobani's
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Little Chocolate doughnuts

little_chocolate_donuts.JPG
  • athleticknit
    Options
    nothing wrong with a good cereal
    i have weetabix or something "wholegrain".
    some whole grain toast and some natural yoghurt with fruit.
    or even some boiled eggs and wholegrain toast.

:] mix and match and just enjoy it , eating should never be a chore!.
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast burritos. Egg whites, pprjack cheese, bacon, and a flour tortilla. It sounds way worse than it is, it is about 300 calories. If I have time, I add red peppers and onions.

cook the bacon ahead of time, put the egg whites in the micro and it is done in less than 5 minutes!
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I had a Kashi bar and an orange this morning and I was soooo full plus I had a bottle of water.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches.

Saute spinach, onion, green pepper, etc. 1/4 cup egg whites on a whole grain english muffin with laughing cow cheese. Yummy!
  • letgo79
    letgo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    Awesome idea!!! I will have to try your recipe...thank you so much ;)
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    I eat Jimmy Dean D-Lites or store brand similar products (High in protein and fiber). The best breakfast is to eat something high in fiber and protein for breakfast to kick-start your metabolism.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs on toast and low fat natural live yoghurt with fruit after
  • achief192
    achief192 Posts: 192
    Options
    I eat oatmeal and a FIBER ONE fiber bar during the week and 2 eggs and whole wheat toast on the weekends. Seems to fill me up until lunch.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP and I'm tired of eating oatmeal and eggwhites for breakfast...any advice or tips on what to eat for breakfast???

Bacon!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast with natural PB and banana slices on top
    Three-egg omelette with veggies
    Greek yogurt with fruit and a natural granola bar (I like Kashi brand)
    Egg sandwich - "fried" egg, slice of natural cheese and mustard between two pieces of whole wheat toast

I noticed you mentioned egg whites... don't be afraid to eat the whole egg! Contrary to popular diet beliefs, egg yolks are actually very good for you in moderation! And they'll keep you feeling more full :)
  • letgo79
    letgo79 Posts: 25
    Options
    That's right...greek yogurt is high in protein. I love this idea.
  • qsusanevans
    Options
    My favorite breakfast: 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen ( If they are frozen. nuke them for 45 seconds) stirred with 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese and 1/4 cup of some really GOOD yogurt with real fat I like vanilla. The yogurt should not be low fat or fake sugar. By suing 1/4 cup of the good stuff everything tastes good and it's under 300 calories. And it's enough volume to fill me up. Substitute other fruits at random! Enjoy. Q
  • leansandra
    leansandra Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try Trader Joes Complete Oatmeal(plain),small apple and a hard boiled egg or serving of quinoa, scrambled egg and small apple. You can eat non-starchy veggies as well is your still hungry.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've been blending a frozen banana (note, peel *before* freezing...yeah, I overlooked that detail) with 1 cup of almond milk and 2 TBSP natural peanut butter. It's 360 calories for the whole batch, but I split it with my son, so 180 calories and I stay full for 2-3 hours.
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I feel like when i have the usual eggs(1), bacon(2) toast and jam... and coffee of course, i'm my fullest.
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    hv some strawberries.. slice of turkey on toast bread..orange..or even a chicken wrap.. i got tired of egg whites and spinach too. ate it for a whole two months straight.. as long as u have some protein in it. you're good. and try adding a protein shake with it ;)
  • Rachel_24
    Rachel_24 Posts: 2
    Options
    I also make a breakfast sandwich. 1 whole wheat english muffin, 1/4 cup egg white, 2 pieces of carl budding honey ham, 1 tbsp light cream cheese. I accompany it with 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I think it's around 250 calories total with about 15g protein. Delicious and filling!

9003317.png