Breakfast ideas/recipes? Clean eating:)

Options

Replies

• alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Also, a banana with some honey and cinnamon, baked until golden brown is absolutely delicious. Have it sliced on top of some granola. Amazing
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal + cinnamon + cocoa powder + Splenda = heaven. Not sure if you consider Splenda "clean," but you could swap it out with honey.

I do this almost every morning minus the cocoa powder. I'm going to have to try it :) I love adding raisons to my oatmeal too
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Not sure how exactly 'clean' this was but for breakfast i had a protein shake consisting of chocolate almond milk (umsweetened) frozen cranberries, strawberries and mango, a spoon of whipped peanut butter and a of course my protein powder... sided with whole wheat toast with apple butter.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i used to do alot of smoothies but lately its toast with sugarfree jelly peach is my fave
  • heleine28
    heleine28 Posts: 34
    Options
    bump
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Does anyone consider Ezekiel bread as part of "clean eating?"

I'm thinking about going Primal -- which I see as the next step of clean eating -- but I am having trouble giving up my 'Zeke.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with raisins is really good! you can add a little maple syrup or your honey too

vanilla yogurt with granola and strawberries

for a snack, maybe make your own yogurt covered raisins, cranberries, or pretzels!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have a protein shake with unsweetened vanilla or chocolate almond milk base to start and then throw other yummy ingredients into the blender depending on mood; chocolate & PB, strawberries and Greek yogurt... Anything you desire and the most important ingredient is whey protein powder. Keeps me satisfied for hours
  • wendysjava
    wendysjava Posts: 2
    Options
    Grapenuts (1/4 cup) added to yogurt. Fresh fruit NOT dried....YUM!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Bumping this to the top of "My Topics" so I can find it next week! :happy:
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    Porridge. It's good for keeping cholesterol low, and is high in fibre . I sometimes add blueberries.
  • ashleyrenee06
    Options
    I make a hot cereal with chocolate almond milk quinoa and chia seed kills my chocolate cravings and is good for me. I add about two Tablespoons of each chia seed and quinoa and a fourth cup almond milk and microwave for about 3 or 4 minutes then let rest until the quinoa is cooked through you can always add more almond milk if you like :smile:
  • besybkj
    besybkj Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For the work week; I pre-measure 1/4 cup of quick oats adding walnuts & cranraisins along with a tablespoon of Whey Vanilla protein and a dash of cinnamon. Once at work, I add 1/2 cup hot water and microwave for 35 seconds.
  • HeatherBittner
    HeatherBittner Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rosem1020
    rosem1020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    spray coffee mug with pam, break two eggs, add a little almond milk and salt. microwave for 1 min, take out and give a quick stir, back in micorwave for 45 - 50 seconds - quick low cal healthy breakfast - can add cheese or ham/turkey sausage bacon - whatever calories you would like to add.
  • cvilain13
    cvilain13 Posts: 18
    Options
    bump
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a Snickers ice cream bar for breakfast every morning.
    Yummy, low calorie (180), and makes me feel just fine until lunch time!
  • JLatham325
    JLatham325 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Every morning I eat basically the same thing, but it keeps me full until lunch time:

1/2 cups of oats cooked with cinnamon and honey (and/or chopped strawberries or bananas), & 4 egg whites on the side

-or-

A Green Breakfast Smoothie:

1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or soy)
    1 cup frozen banana slices
    1 tbsp of almond butter (or PB2 Powder)
    ! cup of baby spinach
    ~Blend it all together, and it turns out green, but it tastes like a peanutbutter banana shake!
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    overnight oatmeal! or baked oatmeal and banana cakes. :) However if I'm in a rush I'll just throw a bunch of fruit together and eat a fruit platter for breakfast.
  • jadelunar
    jadelunar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pancake recipe:

1 ripe banana + 2 eggs = pancakes! Whole batch = about 250 cals. Add a dash of cinnamon and a tsp. of vanilla! Top with fresh berries!