Someone Want to Tell Me Why I'm Still Hungry?

Options

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    agree with the eat a bit more, but also your fat intake is really low. Fat will keep you full for longer and it won't make you fat, I promise! Just stick with healthy fats!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Here is an Awesome site to give you your numbers to go by - MFP calculates a little differently (lower than average):

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

TDEE = The most calories you should eat and stay at the same weight (maintain)

BMR = Least amount of calories that you should ever eat b/c these are the calories you need just to breathe and function

-15% = Cut = The equation that you should most likely use to get your number of calories to eat per day (You eat this amount of calories...Don't eat extra calories from exercise unless you NET under your BMR.

NET = Calories eaten - Calories burned (You can see this number on your News Feed page)

Confusing I know but you will remember it all once you get the hang of it....

I hope this helps you out!! :)

ETA: I did your numbers on the scooby site with Moderate activity level - Here are the numbers I got for you:

BMR: 1506

TDEE: 2334

CUT (-15%): 1984

You should be eating 1984 calories per day - Do NOT eat back your exercise calories with this...
    **Unless you burn MORE THAN 478 calories with all exercise for the day!!**
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion would be to ditch some of the sugar. When I was having a banana (even half) in the morning, I was going way over on my sugar count. Even too much natural sugar can give us false hunger signals. Now that I try to keep my sugar count to 15g or less each day, I don't get strong hunger cravings and can eat sensibly when I really am hungry. I hope that helps?

Hmm didn't realize that too much fruit is bad... :frown: I personally thought you could eat as much fruit and veggies in a day as you wanted to?

I used to think the same thing and there will be some people who will say that natural sugar from fruit is okay. It is okay, but in moderation. Non-starchy veggies are a completely different story though... I eat tons and tons of those! :) But, in my own experience, having a couple of servings of low-sugar fruits (berries, etc.) in the morning and cutting out as much sugar the rest of the day has worked very well in controlling hunger cravings.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough. 1200 calories isn't enough for most people.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 inches shorter than you, and I eat 1500-1600 per day + exercise calories.

That said, eat more.
    Protein shakes, protein bars, nuts, avocados = all awesome sources of more calories, good fats, and a way to up your protein macro.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I'm eating back just about all of my exercise calories..
  • mitchellwelsh
    Options
    I am doing 1600 ish with nearly 400 excercise. I am teetering on hunger but it goes away when I have a cup of tea or water. I also have been told to wait 20mins after eating and if you still feel hungry, eat something.

Thanks for this tip. I think I have to eat a little more and excercise a little more.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It might help to replace some of those carb calories with fat. You look pretty good on your protein numbers. You also might consider raising your calories and doing this slower. If you are always hungry, you are going to fall off the wagon pretty fast.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    when I keep my sugar down, carbs so so and protein level throughout the day...my hunger is zilch. increase that sugar n id be craving n searching the cupboards lol

The sugar so early in the day will give you an insulin spike that will then make you feel hungry for the rest of the day.

Try a day with low GI foods poridge or oats NO added suger first thing and see how you feel.

Then try a day with manufactured cereals first thing see how you feel. then read the lables for the suger content.
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion would be to ditch some of the sugar. When I was having a banana (even half) in the morning, I was going way over on my sugar count. Even too much natural sugar can give us false hunger signals. Now that I try to keep my sugar count to 15g or less each day, I don't get strong hunger cravings and can eat sensibly when I really am hungry. I hope that helps?

Hmm didn't realize that too much fruit is bad... :frown: I personally thought you could eat as much fruit and veggies in a day as you wanted to?

I just looked back over a few days of your diet and right off I can see two things. You are not eating enough and you are eating way too many carbs. 150-200 carbs each day is a lot ! Try replacing those carbs with protein and greens. Add some fat in also. I've added Coconut Oil for cooking and it's making great changes. Those carrots in your picture.....high sugar. Good luck !!:heart:
  • TammyTurner1969
    Options
    I know this may sound a little crazy, but you could be dehydrated and need to drink more WATER. I find that when I am dehydrated I am more "hungry", but then I drink water throughout the day and seem to feel better. Hope this suggestion helps as well. Good luck!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

I creeped on your food diary: You ate 1,100 calories yesterday, and I'm seeing you eat back a tiny bit if any of your exercise calories on most days.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    I know this may sound a little crazy, but you could be dehydrated and need to drink more WATER. I find that when I am dehydrated I am more "hungry", but then I drink water throughout the day and seem to feel better. Hope this suggestion helps as well. Good luck!

I'm thinking water isn't the issue, I usually drink anywhere from 8-14 cups of water a day.. Great suggestion though!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Unless you are going to bed really early, save some calories for the end of the day. You never seem to eat anything after 5:00 pm. Maybe find a low cal snack bar. Make sure you are getting enough protein too. Avoid processed sugars (it appears your diet is actually pretty good overall as far as not eating a lot of processed foods).... Many processed sugars and foods contain appetite enhancers. Sad but true. Unless you are really gaining you may want to up your intake a little as well. Exercise sometimes will help in appetite control as well so if you are doing something physically it may help curb the appetite.
  • Masterdo
    Masterdo Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The protein goal of MFP is really too low for most people... Nutritionists recommend something close to 1g of protein per pound of LEAN body mass.

Proteins and fibers are great to feel full. You don't digest fibers, but it still takes "space" in your stomach and helps feeling full. It also helps with digestion, so it's all nice :)
  • AimersBee
    Options

I creeped on your food diary: You ate 1,100 calories yesterday, and I'm seeing you eat back a tiny bit if any of your exercise calories on most days.

That's kind of weird.. I remember every night after I finished logging that my calories would be within 100 every time... now it's stating differently.. I noticed one time when I finished logging then I checked back it had all of a sudden jumped up 100-200 calories.. like something was deleted.. hmmm.. :ohwell:
  • tldust
    tldust Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Looks like you just started in May. I was hungry all the time when I first started. I think there's an adjustment period . . . .getting used to staying within a calorie limit. When I first started I was allotted around 1600 calories. Now I'm down to 1310. Maybe eat a little bit more calories and bring it down gradually. Also add more fat and protein. I find that avocados and chicken are very filling and stick with you.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    Unless you are going to bed really early, save some calories for the end of the day. You never seem to eat anything after 5:00 pm. Maybe find a low cal snack bar. Make sure you are getting enough protein too. Avoid processed sugars (it appears your diet is actually pretty good overall as far as not eating a lot of processed foods).... Many processed sugars and foods contain appetite enhancers. Sad but true. Unless you are really gaining you may want to up your intake a little as well. Exercise sometimes will help in appetite control as well so if you are doing something physically it may help curb the appetite.

Yeah my diary may be a bit confusing.. as I just changed the titles from "Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Snack".. to Time schedules, so it probably messed up the prior dates as well. I normally have my last meal around 6-7 and then I'm in bed by 9. I'm thinking the protein and fiber is probably the issue.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I personally cannot handle not having something to eat close to bedtime. Unless I'm just too busy to eat, I am never done eating so early in the day. You can eat a few hundred more calories. But keep in mind if you are eating at a deficit, you are likely to feel hungry at some point. It only makes sense if you're burning more than you're eating. If you never feel hungry between meals, you are probably eating too much. Seems to work that way for me...if I don't ever get hungry I don't lose weight. Also, I haven't read all the other posts, but protein definitely contributes big time to satiety (I'm sure it's been said).