When to weigh ???

Options
I joined about 3 weeks ago and weighed in the first week to find I had lost which was great, but should I weigh every week ?? or maybe once a month...

I want to do it once a month if I can but after 2 weeks and being able to feel a difference in myself Im getting twitchy about weighing in :)

Any ideas would be greatly appriciated :D

Replies

• TR56
    TR56 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Depends. They say weighing once a week shows you reliable weights and you can adjust your diet if you end up gaining weight. I personally weigh every morning, but thats just me.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Some people weigh in once a day to see how daily activities and foods/drinks affect their weight.

I choose to weigh in once a week and measure once a month. I find I get discouraged if I weigh in more than once a week in case I see a gain. When I do weigh in I log whatever the number is, good or bad.

I would like to change it to once a month. I am trying to focus less on the scale as it isn't always the best measure of changes.

Choose what works best for you. Do every two weeks if that makes it better for you. You can always change your time frames for weigh in later on. Just be sure to weigh in under the same circumstances (clothing, placement of scale, time of day, what you've eaten and drank before being the same or close to it every time)
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    it really just depends on you...i weigh in once a week because it keeps me motivated and tells me what needs to be adjusted or what workouts helped for the week! :)
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, but don't record it. I usually record the weight when I consistently hit it for a few days. That way it isn't a fluke. Weighing once a week is probably more reasonable than what I do, but I don't obsess, its more for interest purposes.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I get up, and every evening before I go to bed. I don't log every visit to the scale, nor do I log when my weight goes up a pound or two because I know I'm going to work harder to get my weight down again.

The reason I do it both morning and night is to learn from each day. Usually I can figure out what factored into a weight gain or a weight loss. Maybe I didn't exercise that day or maybe I consumed too much sodium and my weight went up. Or maybe that extra walk after lunch and eating sliced almonds with a piece of dark chocolate instead of that tempting box of chocolate chip cookies allowed me to lose a pound.

Sometimes it's the simplest decisions that make the biggest difference for me.

You just have to figure out what works best for you. If looking at the scale all the time is an emotional journey for you that does more harm than good, then limit yourself to it. But if you use it as a learning tool and are not discouraged by it, then check it as often as you want!
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    I weigh in about once a week typically. i think once every week is a good goal to set for yourself. its pointless to weigh yourself more than once a week.
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I need the reassurance things are happening and I need to know when things are not going the right direction so I can "tighten" it up !!!
  • fitandyoga
    fitandyoga Posts: 27
    Options
    I weigh every morning. But no matter whether you weigh everyday, once a week, etc. ALWAYS weigh yourself in the morning for the most accurate results.
  • SkinnyByTammie
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning but only record when it drops.