What is something filling but healthy to eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• tracyjoys
    tracyjoys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Quick workday breakfast: In a blender - 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk, 1T chia seeds, 1 scoop "Now Sports" oure whey protein (no flavorings, no additives), 1 or 2t granulated stevia. Then I'll add frozen strawberries, or frozen banana & 1T almond buttter - sometimes unsweetened cocoa for a "Chocolate Monkey", or 1/2 cup pumpkin puree w/cinnamon & nutmeg, or pineapple & berries. You get the idea! Add ice if needed. It keeps me full for hours. You can also add some plain greek yogurt and cut down on the liquid if you want the extra protein hit, or just like the tangy flavor it imparts.

Fave weekend breakfast: sauteed onion, mini sweet peppers, garlic and chicken sausage. Add eggs to make a scramble. Top with a sprinkle of your favorite cheese (I like feta or parmesan) and fresh cracked pepper.

Almond meal pancakes are also a great weekend treat - there are lots of good recipes on the web. I like to put either finely chopped or mashed fruit on them to replace the syrup. Full of protein, and gluten free!

(As you may have noticed, I try to avoid starch - but my family loves a product called "Flat out Flat Bread" - I could see wrapping up the egg/sausage sautee in one of those for breakfast on the go. It would be delicious!)
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I mix up a protein shake with fruit and ground flaxseed in my blender. I like the shakes from Optimum Nutrition the best. Takes about 1 minute to make. Easy-peasy!

Then I usually do my work out. After I exercise, then I eat my "real" breakfast....usually 1 or 2 eggs, fresh fruit, slice of whole wheat toast or a mini-bagel with peanut butter.
  • Karen_ZH
    Karen_ZH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    lots of fruit! that usually fills me up. i also have green tea, protein pancakes, smoothies, etc.

Tell me about protein pancakes...do you make these from scratch?
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I had salmon and avocado on an english muffin for breakfast. It was amazing and filling.
  • sherbear1963
    Options
    I love to saute onions, peppers and sliced grape or cherry tomatoes and some turkey or leftover chicken breast. Add spinach and wait until wilted. Throw in a smidgeon of feta cheese (or whatever you like) and pack it all into a whole wheat pita pocket.
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    I chop up tons of veggies....like I'd put in an omlette....zucchini, onions, peppers, spinach, broccoli whatever i've got and wahtever sounds good. I saute with a little turkey sausage or some lean ham. i make up a bunch early in the week, and portion out for the week. I eat it with toast and some low fat greek yogurt. Or I add an egg and zap it in the microwave for a few minutes. Fast, yummy and full of veggies.
  • newfitTasha
    newfitTasha Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    oatmeal w/ a tsp of brown sugar & 1 tbsp of peanut butter & jelly (if you like jelly), soooooooooooooo good & it keeps you full for hours !
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I don't have a usualy breakfast but protein really helps to fill me up. This morning I had a bowl of oatmeal (150 cals-I don't use the low fat type so you may be able to find something w/ less cals) and 3 egg whites (17 cals for each white) (I know you said you are sick of it but it's my go to breakfast as well!). Or I have an omlette with green peppers and maybe some ham cut up in it.. Always less than 200 cals for that and very filling! Sometimes a banana with peanut butter. Depends on my mood.. and every now and again I splurge on a donut with my girls.

Good luck!
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I had strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt with almonds mixed in and 2 pieces of pepperidge farm cinnamon toast for breakfast. That was 380 calories and yummy :)
  • txlissa62
    txlissa62 Posts: 128
    Options
    I have the same thing for breakfast every weekday: 9 tbsp of Eggbeaters (just over 1/2 cup), 1 slice toast (homemade sourdough bread) with 1 tbsp strawberry jam (no butter), 1.5 cups of 1% milk.

321 calories, 29 g protein. I eat breakfast at around 9:00, and it keeps me full until I eat lunch at around 1:00-1:30.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I have 2 eggs and dry toast every morning, lol. Dip the toast in the eggs... so yummy, lol.
  • Alexis14351
    Options
    I eat oatmeal 99% of the time, but I add different fruits to it to spice things up. Pumpkin, banana, apple, berries, peaches, soooo many things that are delicious and nutritious! :)
  • Spurrowell
    Spurrowell Posts: 35
    Options
    I agree. I have a banana and Captain Cruch 450 calories
  • Michelleypoo82
    Options
    I agree that any combo of protein and fiber is good, but why not eat a snack between breakfast and lunch?
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have been hooked on a couple of different breakfast meals here recently that always carry me through til my mid-afternoon snack.

2 Vitatops and one piece of fruit. (Low cal and totally filling because you get a super fiber kick)

Bacon, egg and cheese sandwich and a piece of fruit (One egg fried in Olive oil spray, 2% american cheese slice, 1 tbsp of crumbled bacon on toasted light wheat bread)

You can also do a breakfast burrito with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon crumbles in an extreme fiber tortilla
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    ooatmeal
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal and 5 egg whites. I hardboil 5 eggs, then cut them in half, squeeze the yolks out, and just eat the whites. Protein without the calories :)
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Try dressing up your oatmeal! Add pumpkin, spices, raisins and almond butter. Or add cinnamon, apple, peanut butter and dried cranberries. Once in a while I make single serving vegan pancakes for breakfast and they're SO GOOD!