Weight Watchers worked, MFP has not

Options
2»

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty busy and rarely make time to excercise. I usually don't put any exercise in and I have my calories set to 1400 daily. That should give me a weight loss of 1.3 lbs/week. I usually stay right at my target number of calories every day.

Start exercising more and you'll lose weight

I am aware of that and I do exercise when I can make time, but between school, studying, work, a 2 year old, and housework I have like zero free time and when I do I am too exhausted to do anything.

I work full time, have children and go to school. I still work out at least 20 minutes a day. You don't have to work out for an hour to see benefits.
  • jennynoel
    jennynoel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did eat a lot of free fruits and vegetables and used maybe a quarter of my weekly points for one meal on one day per week as a cheat day. Also from everything I've read on the WW site each point plus is about 50 calories, not 40?

No, the old Points were about 50 calories each. The new Points Plus are around 40. I actually have the formula in a spreadsheet. If you want to count points without their e-tools you can use it. It's the same as their site. You enter the stats of the food and it tells you the points value.

Oh ok. Thanks.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I think it's more important to focus on overall activity levels than 'exercise minutes'. If you do all that, you're probably getting plenty of activity. You actually burn more by being lightly active all day than you do by sitting all day but having an hour workout.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I think it's more important to focus on overall activity levels than 'exercise minutes'. If you do all that, you're probably getting plenty of activity. You actually burn more by being lightly active all day than you do by sitting all day but having an hour workout.

This is a good point. I lost 30 lbs with Weight Watchers and couldn't move past the plateau until I started moving more. I used to tell myself I was too busy to work out, now I just force myself.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    A few weeks and you're complaining? Most of us have lost over a stone in weight in 14 days. A few months then it would be cause for concern but weeks? At least give it a try.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I would say eat like you did on WW using the 28 points but then log the same into MFP. I'm betting your 28 WW points were less calories than the 1400 you have as your goal on MFP.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    weight watchers biggest con going! How can MFP not work???
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I did WW and I lost weight. So I won't knock it but I don't want to pay for it and I never hit my goal weight. I am about to here and actually did until I changed it when I hit it and decided I wanted t lose more with WW they would make you pay 6 weeks after hitting goal weight and then make you maintain to not pay unless that has changed.

Anyway. From what I can tell some people have problems in differen areas. I tend to have problems with sodium. I really have to watch my sodium so I track and watch my sodium and drink more water than recommended. You just need to find what your body "clings" to. You mentioned carbs. If you feel carbs is bad then definately cut down on the carbs for two weeks and see if that makes any difference but still get in your 1400 calories.

Good luck!
  • skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    "I am aware of that and I do exercise when I can make time, but between school, studying, work, a 2 year old, and housework I have like zero free time and when I do I am too exhausted to do anything."

When I started eating more calories then the WW plan, I found I wasn't feeling as tired and actually looked forward to doing some Leslie Sansone Walk at Home or taking a walk outside. You do have quite a load but you might see if you can squeeze in 20-30 minutes and eat back the exercise calories you earn. Tuck the kiddie in a stroller and walk around the neighborhood?