Having a hard time...any sugg..??

Options
I am trying hard at this weight loss thing to save my life. I have IgA Nephropathy a kidney disorder that deteriorates my kidneys, asthma, hypoglycemia and low iron <6 hemoglobin norm=15>

This all together makes me weak and exhausted all the time. I have 2 kids and a full time college student so im busy and when i try to exercise i get tired and need a nap!!

If anyone has any suggestions for me i would appreciate it? Anyone with the same problems or similar ones?

Thanks again in advance!! Check out my profile, blogs and food diary to get a feel for my habits if you want!! Thanks

I really need this!! Need to be at least 140 to save my life!!! current weight 216

Replies

• jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would recommend you start with small changes in your activity routine, and not try to do anything drastic that you can't keep up with.
    Try taking the stairs more or park further away when you park.
    Add a few walks with your kids outside or play with them in the house.

Do things that don't feel like exercise to get your body used to more movement first. Then you can try and do more intense workouts.

Also - changing your eating habits first, could be a good step. Not sure what they are now, but i find when Im' eating healthy and getting enough fruits/veggies/protein (and less carbs) I actually have more energy!!!!

Also - make sure you are getting enough sleep at night..
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I would recommend you start with small changes in your activity routine, and not try to do anything drastic that you can't keep up with.
    Try taking the stairs more or park further away when you park.
    Add a few walks with your kids outside or play with them in the house.

Do things that don't feel like exercise to get your body used to more movement first. Then you can try and do more intense workouts.

Also - changing your eating habits first, could be a good step. Not sure what they are now, but i find when Im' eating healthy and getting enough fruits/veggies/protein (and less carbs) I actually have more energy!!!!

Also - make sure you are getting enough sleep at night..

Thanks for the suggestions...i do eat healthy lost 14lbs so far and get all my nutrients. The slowly getting into exercise might help i will try it. I moved around with my kids everyday and walk in school from class to class but today i park in the far parking lot...yeah me!!

Thanks again!1
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    smaller workouts done through out the day are just as effective as one long session. Maybe you can find 10-15 minutes in the morning and again in the afternoon. Maybe you could get a walk in after dinner with the kids, 15-20 minutes after dinner is always good to get digestion moving too! Also, does your school have a gym available for use? If so, maybe you can take a quick bike ride or walk before leaving campus.

You can build on time or resistance as you get stronger, the most important thing at first is to try and find a routine that works for you. :wink:

:flowerforyou:
  • kryssy77
    Options
    smaller workouts done through out the day are just as effective as one long session. Maybe you can find 10-15 minutes in the morning and again in the afternoon. Maybe you could get a walk in after dinner with the kids, 15-20 minutes after dinner is always good to get digestion moving too! Also, does your school have a gym available for use? If so, maybe you can take a quick bike ride or walk before leaving campus.

You can build on time or resistance as you get stronger, the most important thing at first is to try and find a routine that works for you. :wink:

:flowerforyou:

I wish they had a gym...lol!! I am going to try the walks although it is cold ...lol I want to do this and i want to be serious about it!! My health just isnt working in my way

Thanks
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    WOW! You have a lot going on huh?

I wish I know what to tell you. I am no Dr. but I can give you a little advice,...you can never really go wrong with the food pyramid....mypyramid.gov has a lot of information for people with all types of conditions. I'm sure you have reserched all the sites for your conditions so I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know. fresh fruits and veggies, I would probably limit my protein intake since you have kidney issues, but you're going to need some carbs for energy...good ones...whole grains...and watch your sodium intake as well. I just thought of this, but maybe try the sugarbusters diet. & drink lots of water to keep your body/kidney's flushed out. I'm currently taking a nutrition class (working on my BS in Sports and Fitness management) if you don't mind I'll ask my instructor if she has any advice for you. I see you have lost 14lbs..,keep up the good work!
  • kryssy77
    Options
    WOW! You have a lot going on huh?

I wish I know what to tell you. I am no Dr. but I can give you a little advice,...you can never really go wrong with the food pyramid....mypyramid.gov has a lot of information for people with all types of conditions. I'm sure you have reserched all the sites for your conditions so I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know. fresh fruits and veggies, I would probably limit my protein intake since you have kidney issues, but you're going to need some carbs for energy...good ones...whole grains...and watch your sodium intake as well. I just thought of this, but maybe try the sugarbusters diet. & drink lots of water to keep your body/kidney's flushed out. I'm currently taking a nutrition class (working on my BS in Sports and Fitness management) if you don't mind I'll ask my instructor if she has any advice for you. I see you have lost 14lbs..,keep up the good work!

i definitely dont mind im curious because i cant afford a nutritionist or a trainer and i need to lose this weight