Freelance Flab Fiasco!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Carissa, and I'm a freelancer. I work from home via the web, and many think it's the most awesome thing. Most days, it is! I love being able to work in pajamas! But, there's a downside to it. I find myself being extremely lazy before and after my "shifts". When I started working this job, I thought I would be so stoked to not have to go anywhere or meet clients face-to-face (which takes the edge off!). It was great! Then over time, I let myself become too complacent with sitting at my computer all day and I overall stopped caring about my health. I've put on about 23lbs since then, and I'd really like to just get rid of it.

The motivation is tough to find...and it shouldn't be, right? It downright SUCKS that I don't feel the urge to go out for walks or use my gym membership (that I still pay for, and rarely use). I used to have SO much motivation. I used to be the chick that my friends would ask for fitness advice or just a few good words to get them motivated for working out. Now? Nah. I am not that person anymore and I think it's because I've put on the weight that I worked really really hard to lose.

Now? I'm trying to get out of this funk, and it's tough. For the past week I've made myself go for walks for fresh air (about 30 minutes) and hit the gym a few times this week. I feel better emotionally and it's helping me feel better about pushing myself more to get back into shape.

Do any of you have trouble finding the motivation to just "do it"?

Replies

• Also, to add to my original post: Let's add one another and create a group of motivators! :)
  • Bumping because I'd really like some feedback. <3
  • kristank03
    kristank03 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I suffer from lack of motivation as well. I do best staying on track if I have a workout buddy or a regular class to go to. I feel like I'm letting them down if I don't show up. I also like to get a workout in earlier in the day. I find that if I work out earlier, I make smart choices the rest of the day!

Maybe try to get out of the pajamas and into some everyday clothes/shoes first thing in the morning. I know if I stay in my jammies I just want to lounge around all day!
  • I suffer from lack of motivation as well. I do best staying on track if I have a workout buddy or a regular class to go to. I feel like I'm letting them down if I don't show up. I also like to get a workout in earlier in the day. I find that if I work out earlier, I make smart choices the rest of the day!

Maybe try to get out of the pajamas and into some everyday clothes/shoes first thing in the morning. I know if I stay in my jammies I just want to lounge around all day!

Thank you for your post! And taking your advice right this moment...signed up for a boxing class that happens twice a week. It'll be a good boost, and I am the same way in that I feel like I'll let others down if I don't attend the class. And time to replace the walking/running shoes. Cheers!