Can I realistically do this?

Options
OK, I graduate from University on 13th July. I have an amazing dress that I bought today. It already makes me look and feel great, but I'd REALLY like to lose say, 14lbs by the time I graduate.

It would mean losing 3.5lbs a week, which might be a bit much, so maybe 10lbs is a bit more realistic. Could I lose the 14 though, by being very strict on food and exercising 3+ times a week?

If this isn't realistic, what is, for a 5ft 2 female at around 180lbs starting weight?

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    I'd say 8-10lbs is a realistic goal by that date.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in losing fast, you can try a "juice fast". As long as you break your fast correctly, the weight stays off, i've done a few.

Google a movie called "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead"
    You can stream it here. http://www.jointhereboot.com/?lang=en
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OK, don't want to go down the fasting/shake route - I live at home and it would cause waves within the family, which I do not want.

I DID lose this amount once, in a similar time frame, and I *think* I did it by just being very strict with my diet. However, I was about 14 when that happened (it wasn't a conscious decision btw, I just didn't eat junk for a month) and I'm 22 now, so I will keep that 8 - 10lb loss goal in mind.

Anything over that will be a bonus, but I'm not going to risk my overall health to get more off the scales.
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    In the past when I was your age I took off the 3.5 a week you were looking at loosing when I dieted and exercised. I was faithful about my diet and my exercise plan and had a job where I walked across the building a lot. It is possible just don't make yourself sick. Eat a healthy diet and be faithful about an exercise routine that is serious about toning your body. You can do it!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to keep trying on the dress--a loss of 14 pounds could make that dress way too big, which would be a shame since you love it. Try it on every week.
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Just be sure to keep trying on the dress--a loss of 14 pounds could make that dress way too big, which would be a shame since you love it. Try it on every week.

Yup gotta agaree! If it fits you now, 14 pounds is going make you swim in it, I think!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 something, and weighed 181 at the beginning of January - lost my first 20 pounds in 1 month on a low-carb diet without exercising.
  • MalissaDC
    MalissaDC Posts: 123
    Options
    Consider some toning exercises and some other exercises to help things firm up a bit--that may be all you need!
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    OK, well, I thought I should probably upload a photo of me in this dress NOW, then people who are a lot smarter than me can tell me if 14lbs would be too much, or if even 5lbs would make a difference. Now, if I can just remember how to do images on here...

th_DSCN0126.jpg

Just for comparison, this is me in another dress, taken about a year or so ago:

th_IMG00079-20110725-1949.jpg
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    When I first joined weight watchers in my 20s, I lost the first 14 lbs in 5 weeks by just following the program. But yeah, 14 lbs will make the dress no longer fit.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I think it will be huge at 14 pounds. I bought some stuff and never got to wear them because I lost weight--and I'm ALOT older than you!!! Try the dress on every week, either slow down when it fits like you want ---or buy another dress. But since you love the dress and it looks nice I would slow down when it fits.