Grapefruit Recipes

Options
TaintedVampyre
TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
Hey everybody!!
I've got a bag of grapefruit to use up and I'm getting bored of just eating half in the morning.

Anybody have any unique/fantastic ideas of how to use up the fruit before it goes completely bad?

Thanks!

Replies

• terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested also, only way I ever eat grapefruit is with a little splenda on top. :happy: I'm like you tho, if I buy a bag, I get tired of them b4 I finish all of them. Maybe we should just buy a cpl at a time :laugh:
  • TaintedVampyre
    Options
    I'd be interested also, only way I ever eat grapefruit is with a little splenda on top. :happy: I'm like you tho, if I buy a bag, I get tired of them b4 I finish all of them. Maybe we should just buy a cpl at a time :laugh:

Yea, I totally agree with this statement lol
    Lesson learned :P
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I LOVE grapefruit! But i never thought of using it in something besides salad. :)
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe for broiled grapefruit. I haven't tried it yet, but I want to soon!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Broiled-Grapefruit/Detail.aspx
  • pundas
    pundas Posts: 167 Member
    Options
  • TaintedVampyre
    Options

I don't know if I'd try the broiled grapefruit recipe, but grapefruit muffins?! Count me in!! Thanks for your contribution :)
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the broiled grapefruit tonight and let you guys know what I think of it. I have some grapefruit that I don't like and have been trying to find something to do with it. It's not as sweet as the other grapefruit I bought and I hate to trash it.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try the broiled grapefruit tonight and let you guys know what I think of it. I have some grapefruit that I don't like and have been trying to find something to do with it. It's not as sweet as the other grapefruit I bought and I hate to trash it.

OK. Yuck. That's my verdict. It's not worth the extra time. It looked delicious but still tasted about the same. I was hoping for candied grapefruit based on the ingredients. Nowhere near that.