No pop in over 1 month

Options
I never intentionally cut out pop. I intended to cut back from 1 can per day to 1 can twice per week. I ran out of it and keep forgetting to buy it. I do have a quick sip of my hubby's Dr. Pepper about once per week though.

I am not really missing it all that much.

Has anyone else cut it out of their diets and not missed it?

Replies

• etrader24
    etrader24 Posts: 21
    Options
    I never used to drink regular soda, but I drank a lot of diet soda which contains aspartame (which is an ingredient in formaldahyde). I gave up soda about 3 months ago and it was suprisingly easy to give up. all i drink now is water and milk (:
  • gogophers
    gogophers Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I never intentionally cut out pop. I intended to cut back from 1 can per day to 1 can twice per week. I ran out of it and keep forgetting to buy it. I do have a quick sip of my hubby's Dr. Pepper about once per week though.

I am not really missing it all that much.

Has anyone else cut it out of their diets and not missed it?

I pretty much had to. I was drinking 2 liters of diet coke a day and developed chronic acid reflux (gerd). I've cut it out for about a year now, but I do still miss it.

Congrats! It's always nice when you simply unintentionally forget about certain foods.
  • Miss_Suzylee
    Options
    i'm a diet coke fiend so you are my hero. maybe one day ill give it up.....one day.
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    I quit the sodas too...When I first started my new lifestyle, I used to put crystal light and Mio in my water. Gradually I quit using that and just went to straight water...but I am particular about my water. I want Dasani. And I drink Skim milk....water and milk. And no more heartburn either....I had heartburn all the time...
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a soda since August 2011!
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Awesome & Congratulations & Proud Of You!! :flowerforyou:
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking it too when I started on my weight loss 'journey'! Now all I drink is water and to be honest I don't miss the fizzy stuff.

I used to drink a lot of diet coke and I cut it down to just having it as a mixer with the occassional vodka. But now I can't even stomach it as that - it bloats me! So no more for me!
  • EvilPink
    EvilPink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I quit the sodas too... I used to put crystal light and Mio in my water...

I always have to laugh when people say they quit diet soda and now they only drink Crystal light or other similar drinks. It's completely pointless to give up one and go to the other because they contain nearly the same ingredients; namely a crap load of chemical sweeteners and acids and other unpronounceable things that are not good for you. I think the way you did it can be a good tool - drinking anything other than soda and getting variety with the CL and Mio or whatever just to start breaking the habit and then work toward ridding of it all. But, so many people never follow thru the last step like you did; they give up soda to keep drinking other bad drinks and think they've done something really healthy. Just another way we can thank media advertising for helping keep the nation fat - promote it as healthy and hey! It must be. I get really mad at Diet Coke and their heart healthy labels on the cans. Effects of aspartame on the heart as well as bones and others have shown to be negative in a lot of research yet hey! It's good for you to drink diet Coke. Sheesh.

And I'm picky about my water too. I'm a Fiji water girl. It's quite ridiculous that I'll pay $3+ for a bottle of water, lol. I can't help it though; it's heaven to me.
  • Gunnarbear
    Gunnarbear Posts: 186
    Options
    Your ticker shows 1823 lbs. lost. Thats some serious progress :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Yep. I used to drink a lot of diet soda every day. I quit it cold turkey at the same time I quit smoking and really haven't missed it. It's been 5 months! I don't even think about it anymore.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Seriously....that's serious.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Yeah, my ticker is broken. I don't know what to do to fix it. I've lost 25 pounds since Feb. 2.
  • Gunnarbear
    Options

Yeah, my ticker is broken. I don't know what to do to fix it. I've lost 25 pounds since Feb. 2.

Good progress but not quite so serious....
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I got my ticker fixed. Apparently I had a "minor" (LOL) typo when I entered my beginning weight. I was even in there the other day trying to figure out if I entered incorrect info and missed it. :blushing:
  • Gunnarbear
    Options

I got my ticker fixed. Apparently I had a "minor" (LOL) typo when I entered my beginning weight. I was even in there the other day trying to figure out if I entered incorrect info and missed it. :blushing:

Good job :flowerforyou:
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I lived off regular Pepsi (literally since I drank almost no water!) for years and quit drinking it back in mid-April. I still occasionally have one, but I really don't crave it like I used to. I do use the Mio energy flavors though. I'm not a big coffee drinker (I'd have to add ridiculous amounts of sugar and creamer to make it drinkable) and I don't mind tea but it has to be super-sweet as well.
  • Krcanderson
    Krcanderson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I havnt had pop or fastfood since Jan 1st! I was so addicted, I had prob 2L a day of reg pop , and fastfood almost everyday!. I don't miss either one bit and no cravings for it!
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I didn't quit them but I rarely drink them. I haven't had one in 2 or 3 weeks I don't think, but if I get a taste for one I'll drink half. I don't drink diet though. Usually regular coke or sprite/sierra mist :)