HERBAL TEAS

Hi, i am not a big fan of plain water and i want to cut back on the amount of caffeine i drink, just wondered if drinking herbal tea is a good substitute. I also suffer from migraines, are there any particular teas that can possibly help ease them. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• jdenson69
    jdenson69 Posts: 10
    They have decaffinated herbal teas. You can check out different brand at Trader Joe's, Jewels, or the health food store. I usually keep a packet of crystal light in my purse. However, I never use the whole packet at one time, I use enough just to give the water a little taste or you can squeeze a lemon in your water.
  • beraggled
    beraggled Posts: 17 Member
    Not all herbal teas are caffeine free.But have noticed that if you look on the box it will tell you.Some of them do different things i drink peppermint tea thats meant to help aid the digestion.Not sure about migraines but if you read the box it should tell you.Hope this helps.Oh and if you dont like normal tea herbal teas can taste like yuck at start but i have got use to them now.
  • Xenastrah
    Xenastrah Posts: 36
    I drink fruity tea, Twinings Starwberry and Mago, Blueberry and Apple and Cranberry, Raspberry and Elderflower, and they have 2 calories in them. I don't take sugar either. Avoid teas with caffiene for Migraines, buy fruity and herbal tea as natural as possible. :o)
  • I used to have to take daily meds for migraines. :( a good daily dose of magnesium really helps that. It also helps with regulating poo, nervous system, relaxes your muscles, good for your heart.

I usually drink green tea, black tea & Oolong white tea.
  • AliceKlaar
    AliceKlaar Posts: 275 Member
    I like chamomile tea - I don't suffer myself, but it is supposed to be good for migraines, might be worth a try.
  • i drink black current and acai tea acai helps with weight loss, also try green tea and lemon this also helps detox and help with weight loss, hoe this helps a tea bag has about 2 cals in and nothing else x
  • Spudeata
    Spudeata Posts: 100 Member
    I've been drinking herbal teas for years, if you suffer with migraines you'll need to read the box as some have caffeine in. There are a variety of decaffeinated green teas, green tea I think as someone has already said is meant to aid weight loss (drink a mug half an hour before a meal).

Some of my faves are Bengal Spice, Yogi Chilli Tea and Green Tea with Mango.

Really will depend on your tastes, there is generally something for everyone :happy:
  • green tea helps weight loss