eating exercise calories the next day??

Options
kikiboniki
kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
Does eating your exercise calories the next day matter? like will I gain weight if I am eating them the next day? Does it matter when I eat them? Cause its not like there is some magic restart button in my system at midnight right?

Replies

• jaly92
    jaly92 Posts: 91
    Options
    I've eaten mine the next day before and it didnt hinder my weight loss at all :) As you say, no magic restart button but remember to eat in moderation, you can't really save up all your exercise cals for say a week and then splurge on one day and get the same result as you would if you ate them daily!
  • richyrich89
    Options
    If you can off-set the calories, and save them up it will average out.

I like to look at my daily calorie intake like an overdraft, and use the scale of payback as one week.

So if I go out on Monday evening for a meal/drink and go over my calorie intake by say -400+ - I know I have to pay that back over the week. It's normally better to steadily pay those back rather than starving yourself on the Tuesday lol.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about it at all. I eat the same basic number every day, and exercise every other day. Some days I'm a little over, some days I'm a bit under. I personally don't think it matters if you "eat your exercise calories" before bed. And, actually, prior to switching to this site I'd never HEARD of eating back exercise calories. I aim for about 1500 a day regardless. (my BMR is 1100).
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    as long as your average is still a deficit, then you are winning,
    it just depends if you wanna sprint past the post or jog over the line...