i want to lose weight like the guys on biggest loser

Options
And i know im going to have to nearly kill myself to do it but i dont care... im not the type to stick to something if i dont see almost immediate results, but im willing to accept anything as results, loss of an inch in 2 weeks on my waist ill take it!, lose 4 or 5 lbs in a week... great!

this whole 1 or 2lb a week thing is in my opinion, not something i can manage.

now heres my question

what kind of low impact things can i do to get the calories burned,

im 5'11" weigh 347lbs and want to get to around 240lbs, i need to lose 100lbs of fat so im probably going to need to lose around 150lbs then build back up, i want to do it all by christmas this year so that gives me 26 weeks for that.

i dont mind having it take longer as i get close to my goal weight, but i absolutley must lose about 60 lbs in the next 2 months or ill quit.

i dont mind not eating loads, can operate happily on a 1200 calorie diet if i eat the right things (crunchy nut cornflakes, dry plus ice water with veggies as an evening meal)

im quite capable (at least i used to be) of doing cardio at mid level intensity for around 5 hours a day 5 days a week (used to run around a night club carrying in excess of 30 glasses washing them all and running around some more) last time i did that i lose around 40lbs in 5 months, but i was also drinking 8 or 9 pints of bitter a day plus kebabs at night so its not unprecedented for this body to do extreme things.

my other question is how do you motivate yourself.

i want to get up right now and do jumping jacks or push ups or run around... but i just cant seem to actually do it... its like theres a disconnect between what i want to do and the "go" button in my brain...

sucks to be me though cause i also suffer with gas and cramps and the squits when i exercise, or eat... and yes i have been to my doctor and no, theres nothing they can do as the only meds that help cause other far more severe side effects.

well if nothing else it feels better to have had this little rant, and i wish there were people who lived near me who wanted to exercise as a group, because i think some kind of local accountability would help as would some company.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I just read Bob Harper's new book, "The Skinny Rules" - lots of great stuff in there as far as what to eat - and of course, there are rules. But Bob's a Biggest Loser Trainer, so might be a good place to start. :smile: He said he wrote the book after a contestant's husband lost 100lbs at home by following Bob's tweets and eating and doing what Bob does - and The Skinny Rules was born.

You could also get yourself a Biggest Loser workout DVD (or two, or three!) - then you've got the trainers giving you the exercises right there in your living room. Check your local library for them if you want to try before you buy. Bob has some great workouts on his own too, and has been running them on sale at his website for $5 each - not sure if that's still going, but he has the sale often. And his workouts are tough!

Congrats on wanting to make the changes and get started! Don't get crazy - I know you want to see fast results, we all do, and if you've got a lot to lose, if you eat & exercise smart, you'll probably see great results right away. But it's a total lifestyle change to keep it off, and in my experience, adjustments have to made along the way as your body changes. But it's an awesome learning process!

Good luck!
  • jdenson69
    jdenson69 Posts: 10
    Options
    Well if you want to lose weight like the Biggest Loser you have to fight as hard as they do, to the point where you feel nausea. Losing weight isn't an easy challenge. When I was 420lb I thought I was hot...rude awakening, I wasn't. I was put on a 1200cal intake and i got down to 295. Well depression sat in and I gained about 50lbs back in 2 yrs. Now I am on the journey again. What motivates me is knowing I will need a seat belt adjuster on a flight or forcing me to pay for two sits if the person next to me complain. Since I enjoy flying, it's my duty to lose weight. You just have to force yourself to get up when you feel disconnected. Good luck
  • davidmcgowan1987
    Options
    i just needed to vent really...

ive got the food thing down, i dont pig out now more than twice a week and even then because theres a 1000 calories deficit (should be i told mfp i wanted to lose 2lbs a weeks) i never go over by more than 1000 so even on my pig out days i maintain.

ive started working nights again now because i dont really have any energy until around 10 or 11pm and by then im at home and cant do anything cause i dont want to wake up my kids.

being at work alone all night i can just run about, clean like a freak and burn an extra 1000 or so calories every night i work (4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts)

once i get back into a shape where i can run, or face stripping off at a swimming pool i can throw in another 2000 calories in the pool (i love to swim) and then theres no stopping me MWAHAHAHAHAHA ahem woo...

i think now ive found this full site as opposed to the cut down android app i should be able to keep the weight loss plan on, and if i dont, someone on here will remind me lol! thats all i need, i dont like to dissapoint people