Is this loose skin or fat? [pics]

Options
I had my daughter about 4 months ago, was left with this.
I really hope it's just fat cause I can do something about it, with a lot of hard work I know..
Or .. is this loose skin? am I forever stuck with this hang on my belly? :/

mehhh001.jpg

11st7290412-1.jpg

Sorry for the scary large-ness by the way.

Replies

• hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    think it's a mix of both. I would lose to where I wanted to be and see if it would go away. If it didn't then you could get tummy tuck. (if your done having kids). :smile:
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That is uncanny!! I think we are tummy twins :flowerforyou:
    Do not despair - although I agree with the previous poster (that it is probably a mixture of both) it will improve a lot. Just keep on trying!! I did the 30 Day Shred and that helped me lose 11cm in 33 days off my waist and eventually the fat goes as you slim down and tone up. I've still got a bit of loose skin, but I'm coming to terms with it. I was sure I'd always have a little apron or droop at the front (I used to tuck it into my knickers :laugh: ) but it has gone!! So I think that much of the loose skin from the pregnancy does shrink back in with time.

I'll add a photo of my 30 Day Shred before and afters - my baby was 6 months old when I started it so I'd had a bit of a head start on my skin shrinking back in for the before photo.

Finished-1.jpg
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That is uncanny!! I think we are tummy twins :flowerforyou:
    Do not despair - although I agree with the previous poster (that it is probably a mixture of both) it will improve a lot. Just keep on trying!! I did the 30 Day Shred and that helped me lose 11cm in 33 days off my waist and eventually the fat goes as you slim down and tone up. I've still got a bit of loose skin, but I'm coming to terms with it. I was sure I'd always have a little apron or droop at the front (I used to tuck it into my knickers :laugh: ) but it has gone!! So I think that much of the loose skin from the pregnancy does shrink back in with time.

I'll add a photo of my 30 Day Shred before and afters - my baby was 6 months old when I started it so I'd had a bit of a head start on my skin shrinking back in for the before photo.

Finished-1.jpg

You give me hope. Thanks for posting.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • eldonia69
    eldonia69 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this 30 day shred looks fantastic. look at the results its given you . wow ! is it actually done in 30 days? or is that just a name for it. im impressed !
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    this 30 day shred looks fantastic. look at the results its given you . wow ! is it actually done in 30 days? or is that just a name for it. im impressed !

Oh no! I don't want to hijack the op's thread!!

It is a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels called The 30 Day Shred, you are supposed to do it for 30 days (it is arguable if you have rest days or not, I did it in 33 days so had a rest day for each of the 3 levels). I think it does amazing things for postpartum bodies!! Phew - got it back on topic!!