Insanity...Who wants to join me?!?!?!

Options
I am starting insanity next monday, June 11. It will be my first time doing it and I am looking for people that may want to start a group and motivate each other through it. I hear it is tougher than p90x, which I have completed. I was going to do it again, but wanted something a little different. If anyone has done insanity and has any tips or advice I would love to hear it!

Replies

• kristen4142
    Options
    I will join you! I start on the 11th as well and I am completely new to it! I have p90x and couldn't seem to stick with it! Hopefully this will be different lol!!! I really need motivation and to be held accountable b/c I've been falling off the wagon a little to often lately! Time to get summer beach bodies!!! Good luck let me know how your first couple days go!
  • _tiifyjo_
    _tiifyjo_ Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I will send you a friend request because I need lots of motivation too.
  • justimmy22
    justimmy22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Was planning to start Monday as well
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my day 63 it test on monday, and it's going to be day one of the new round as well:)
  • _tiifyjo_
    Options
    Sweet!!! We can just post here for support, or would yall rather have a group? I'm excited!!!
  • _tiifyjo_
    Options
    I'm doing my day 63 it test on monday, and it's going to be day one of the new round as well:)

What kind of results have you had if you don't mind my asking? Also, did you follow the diet that goes along with it?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    good luck! its tough but it gets easier. its the first thing ive done in a row without skipping any days, apart from rest days. Day 23 for me today. My endurance is sooo much better.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

What kind of results have you had if you don't mind my asking? Also, did you follow the diet that goes along with it?
    I've lost 11 pounds and multiple inches, I'll know for sure when I measure tomorrow. I've seen some awesome improvements in my cardiovascular endurance, and am starting to see some sweet definition (I also lift 4 days a week). I haven't been following the nutrition guide, for all but the last week I've been set at 1 pound a week (now .8lb/week), and I eat most of my exercise calories.
  • _tiifyjo_
    Options
    So I had some extra time yesterday and went ahead and did the day 1 fit test. So today was day 2 plyo cardio circuit. I just finished. And damn was it hard for me. I have knee issues so I have never been good with plyo. I couldn't keep up and had to take a few breaks towards the end. But I am proud of what I did do. Enjoy your workout everyone!!!
  • kristen4142
    Options
    So day two of insanity, my bf and I motivated each other to keep going b/c we both had a brutal time, by far the hardest work out I have ever done!!!!
  • TGSgirl2017
    TGSgirl2017 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    im starting tomorroq
  • sharyalick
    sharyalick Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    you have completed P90X ?! That is what i planned to do AFTER finishing Insanity !? Did it yield good TONING results because thats what i MOST need !! I'm in week 4 day 2.
  • anwilson_83
    Options
    im starting my 2nd week of insanity tommorow! i love it. add me if ya want :)
  • _tiifyjo_
    Options
    you have completed P90X ?! That is what i planned to do AFTER finishing Insanity !? Did it yield good TONING results because thats what i MOST need !! I'm in week 4 day 2.

P90X was great for definition. I added in extra cardio every day, so I was able to still lose pounds, but I mostly gained muscle. Which at this phase in my journey I want to tone, but I am more concerned with losing the fat. P90X was a piece of cake compared to Insanity. I am dying during my insanity workouts. P90X is definitely more strength based, it's a great workout, but I wanted something more cardio based.
  • _tiifyjo_
    Options
    Just finished day 4, cardio recovery. That was a nice workout. Much more mellow but still could feel the burn.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity over the Winter. It will kick your asss. Enjoy!
  • dianadarocha
    Options
    I just started Insanity on Saturday. Let's just say I'm sore all over. I did begin (and quit, to my utter shame) TurboFire, and I don't think that Insanity is any harder, and the 30 second breaks are nice.
    Good luck to anyone who is doing this program (including myself...)
  • kristen4142
    Options
    Finished cardio recovery day 4 woo!!!...it was nice to not feel like my heart is going to explode out of my chest but the leg and plank work was hard too, I think my muscles will be permanently sore through out this entire 60 days lol
  • _tiifyjo_
    Options
    Finished cardio recovery day 4 woo!!!...it was nice to not feel like my heart is going to explode out of my chest but the leg and plank work was hard too, I think my muscles will be permanently sore through out this entire 60 days lol

The cardio recovery day was very nice! I have realized that being sore is just part of these 60 days. I am starting to enjoy the soreness as I know it means change is happening!