Friday Nights

Options
How well does everyone stay on track on a Friday night? I know that in the past I used to think that I deserved to reward myself for a "good week" by eating foods that I did not really need. You know, some chocolate or chips or cookies or ice cream or maybe all of them?!?!?!? And then of course I would feel guilty afterwards. My my, but eating patterns are hard to change. However since tracking my food I am more careful on Fridays and the weekend, which does seem to be making a difference for me and my overall health.

Replies

• walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't wait until one special night. If I want a treat (ice cream-cookie etc) I have it during the week and just log it.
    That way Friday night is no different than any other night.

You can have treats but just be accountable. Log tomorrow morning and let us know how you make out. You can do this. You can have your cake and eat it to.
  • MrzSchofield7
    Options
    I know what you mean, it's very hard to break the bad habits, and stop binge eating, or eating out of boredom...that's what I have a hard time with....What we do in my house is we reward ourselves with one meal (usually dinner time) that we can eat whatever we want...we still watch what we eat all day but only on friday's we "cheat" at dinner time...we call this our cheat day...since it's only one meal we don't feel so guilty.
  • TeeCup99
    TeeCup99 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello! Fridays are my days I work out super hard so that I'm too busy to eat badly. Atl least that's what I try to do....
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I struggle all weekend. We have a busy baseball schedule with my son and it really makes staying on track during the weekends hard. Especially when my husband thinks he can eat what he wants. He really can't, he just thinks that and eats like a pig.

On the other hand it is beginning to disgust me so I try to use that to my advantage to stay on track.
  • linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Go to a movie, go window shopping, get busy so you won't be tempted
  • Caseysb19
    Caseysb19 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I find the weekends hard because my friends always ask me out for a drink or two or ten..... I now try and stick to the one or two but as I'm drinking it and enjoying it I feel like every sip is killing all my work all week. But who can say no to a nice glass of wine after a long week of work.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    It's a hard habit to break. i'm currently trying to break the same habit, but we love eating out and getting froyo on Friday's, Saturday's bbq with adult beverages and by Sunday even though i'm over it we still eat bad. Tonight i'm cooking at home. we have a race tomorrow. Do you exercise on the weekends? i always tell myself that i don't want to screw up all the hard work. Make it a point to stay on track one day at a time say Friday night your going to cook a new dish or go for a walk. You can do this!!
  • Marie047
    Marie047 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that, Fri-Sun.

We now plan our meals so we know what we are eating and approx cals, so if you do want a treat etc you can have it, we also now do all our own cooking so if we want fish and chips for example we make our own, so we can track the cals. We also exercise over the weekend which helps if you are having a treat.

Another thing you should have "treats" it should be part of your lifestyle and just make it fit in, you arent on a diet you are on a lifestyle change. That`s how I think of it. I very rarely go over my food cals.
  • nlawing
    nlawing Posts: 36
    Options
    Treat yourself. I certainly do, sometimes I'm OVER 1,000, 2,000, or even 3,000 calories for the day. It helps me for several reasons...

1. It keeps my body guessing on the amount of food it will receive.
    2. The human body isn't 100% energy efficient, all the extra calories won't be stored as fat.
    3. If I overeat enough, it guilts me into doing really well the next day/week.
    4. It helps keep my sanity and cravings in check.
    5. It's rewarding. I think to myself that I EARNED this.
    6. I'm not a body building or fitness competitor.
    7. I won't live forever and what's life without the small pleasures?

Hope this helps.
  • jendan44
    jendan44 Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for all the good advice!