Chick fil-a Calories

Options
Hey does anyone know how many calories are in the regular buns at Chick fil-a? I don't eat the bun, so I need to be able to subtract that amount from the total for the item.

Thank you! :-)

Replies

• dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    MFP has the filet only in the database - it says 230 for the original sandwich. I do that too!
  • My_Own_Hero
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/chick-fil-a/wheat-bun/
    ^According to this website, there are 160 calories in a Chick-fil-a wheat bun.
  • flechero
    flechero Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Why not get the nuggets or strips? Easier to handle and info is at hand.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a good idea to limit yourself based on what's in the database. There's nothing wrong with just estimating how many calories are in a typical bun.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, Chick-Fil-A! I usually get the side salad and a small order of nuggets, then toss 'em on my salad. Fills me up and cheaper than a full salad! And so hard to resist that crunchy chicken.

Great, now I want Chick-Fil-A. :laugh: But not going anywhere - hockey's on! :drinker:
  • firedad
    firedad Posts: 59
    Options
    Who's playing? (please be redwings!) I haven't had much time to watch :(

I haven't had chick-fil-a 4 ever. There's none close anymore but that's probably a good thing.

Mmmmm, Chick-Fil-A! I usually get the side salad and a small order of nuggets, then toss 'em on my salad. Fills me up and cheaper than a full salad! And so hard to resist that crunchy chicken.

Great, now I want Chick-Fil-A. :laugh: But not going anywhere - hockey's on! :drinker:
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    waffle fries mmmmmmmmmmmm now I have to sleep hungry
  • jemjessica
    Options
    Thanks! I get the spicy chicken when I'm there and it's filet unfortunately isn't anywhere to be found :-(
  • jemjessica
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/chick-fil-a/wheat-bun/
    ^According to this website, there are 160 calories in a Chick-fil-a wheat bun.

thanks! I'll go with this! Was hoping I would save more than 160 by not eating it since most buns are at least 200 at other places .. But oh well! :-)
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Chicken Filet (no bun, no pickle)

230 CALORIES
    http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/chick-fil-a-chicken-filet-no-bun-no-pickle-a-boneless-breast-of-chicken-seasoned-to-perfect16828.htm

DOES THAT HELP ... IT HAS TO BE VERY SIMILAR TO THE SPICY
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Spicy is 50 calories more than original - so 280.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Fyi, Chic-Fil-A now has GRILLED chicken strips and nuggets but I don't see it on the menu at my local one. Today I got a side salad with no dressing and grilled strips. For low carbers, this is a great way to go when you have to go with fast food.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a good idea to limit yourself based on what's in the database. There's nothing wrong with just estimating how many calories are in a typical bun.

And THIS is what I would do. I would weigh the bun and use a bun of the same type and match the weight.
  • SoBeFitNow
    SoBeFitNow Posts: 16
    Options
    Fast food?! Run for the hills!