HOW DOES MFP AFFECT YOUR LIFE OUTSIDE OF FITNESS ?

Options
gmann1973
gmann1973 Posts: 247
Ok it hit me today just how much this site affects me beyond just fitness. Just today I got up called my GF which I met on mfp, prepared Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken which I found in the forum, then took my son to watch Prometheus which my MFPal GetFitDiva recommended. So its your turn what impact has it had on you

Replies

• Mocha02
    Mocha02 Posts: 96
    Options
    Well I used to stay logged on MFP at work while I was deployed overseas in the desert. It definitely made the down times easier and kept the morale up because these forums used to have me busting out laughing!! lol
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I like perusing, laughing at, shaking my head at, and contributing to the forums.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I use this site as an outlet for all the sarcastic, b!tchy crap that flows freely from my mouth. Some s#it you just can't say to your friends and family and expect them to hang around for more.

It also keeps me from shopping on Amazon.com when I get bored at work.

Saving money while pissing people off . . . jackpot!
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I like perusing, laughing at, shaking my head at, and contributing to the forums.

Just about sums it up. lol.

I just have to add, I like supporting my MFP friends. In fact MFP and getting to know some of you on my Friends list has actually taught me a lot about myself. I know I'm definately still gonna be here once I hit my GW, in order to maintain, but also to keep in touch with my friends on MFP.

:happy:
  • KJs_Mommy
    KJs_Mommy Posts: 24
    Options
    FIRST THING I DO BEFORE EVEN GETTING OUT BED IS LOG ONTO THIS SITE, THROUGHOUT THE DAY IM ON THIS SITE, VIEWING OTHERS DIARIES GIVE ME FOOD IDEAS, IM CURRENTLY AT WORK AND IM ON THIS SITE, AND BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP I AM ON THIS SITE! LOL FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND INSTAGRAM WHO???? LOL
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    FIRST THING I DO BEFORE EVEN GETTING OUT BED IS LOG ONTO THIS SITE, THROUGHOUT THE DAY IM ON THIS SITE, VIEWING OTHERS DIARIES GIVE ME FOOD IDEAS, IM CURRENTLY AT WORK AND IM ON THIS SITE, AND BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP I AM ON THIS SITE! LOL FACEBOOK, TWITTER, AND INSTAGRAM WHO???? LOL

Did you realise you had CAPS LOCK on? LOL!
  • TonyaB_WhoGonStopMe
    TonyaB_WhoGonStopMe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I know right! Well... I met the love of my life on this site. I have developed great friendships on this site. And I am taking a trip to Miami (my 1st trip to Miami) next month with a bunch of great girls I met on this site. Definitely extends beyond fitness. xoxo
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    other than helping me shed over 40 lbs, and various prescriptions, MFP has given me a circle of the funniest, most interesting, caring people who will get my back and vice versa in any forum I decide to tangle with. They are a constant source of encouragement, support, meal ideas, fitness tips and genuine hilarity. I really love and appreciate each and every one of them!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: