Shaving question

Options
Ok ladies,....looking for your honest info on this topic. With summer upon us, and an obvious need to have shaved and sleek legs,.....do you achieve this from shaving waxing or Nair??
I use a razor but hate the bumps they can cause sometimes. Does Nair really work?

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I use a razor. With a sharp/new razor and shaving cream, I don't get the bumps you are talking about.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS get those bumps! I shave with a disposable razor and use soap. Too cheap for shaving cream, not sure if it'll even help.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I shave. I also use shaving cream and a sharp razor. No bumps.
  • cranford_s
    cranford_s Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Same here- sharp razor, shaving cream, no bumps. I don't put lotion on immediately after though (or at all if I'll be getting hot anytime in the next few hours...and I mean...I live in Texas.)
  • Hasu
    Hasu Posts: 67
    Options
    For my legs I use Nair. I like it far better than shaving. No matter how sharp the blade or what cream/soap I use. I ALWAYS seemed to manage to nick myself. I have pretty sensitive skin and surprisingly for me the Nair is gentler on my skin than a blade lol. Odd I know but that's what has worked best for me so far.

Usually I use nair, then use a basic soap to gently cleanse my legs after and then I finish up by moisturizing.
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I use a razor, shaving cream, and lotion after no bumps...ever!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    The only place I get the bumps are in super sensitive areas but even then, as long as my blade as new and I use cream, I don't get bumps. And I do not shave in the bath or shower.
  • dcjackson50
    dcjackson50 Posts: 196
    Options
    Well sounds like a sharp blade or fairly new razor is the trick
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    well my bikini area has always gotten ingrown hairs after shaving, i do not think there is any miracle fix for that. i read that you should exfoliate the skin so the ingrown hair will not happen, but i am too lazy to have ever tried it. never had a problem with bumps on my legs so i assume you were talking about the bikini area. i think the more often you shave the less irritation you get, Nair burns. I pluck my stomach hair. I know girls are not supposed to have a happy trail but i guess i am not the norm.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Nair always leaves splotches on my body but if I shave with a regular razor I'll be shaving like 2 days later. With Nair yes it leaves splotches but with Nair it will last at least a week.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I've used veet and nair in the past, but currently just use razors and body wash to shave. Veet worked best for me, worked quick and kept hair away for a long time. Nair took FOREVER to get hair off and had me sitting there impatiently.. :grumble:
    I don't get razor bumps, so I just stick with good ol' soleil 3 bladers. :)
  • Lmfloyd28
    Lmfloyd28 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I use a new razor (3 or less uses) and conditioner - usually suave - cheaper than shaving cream and leaves my legs super soft. Nair tends to burn my skin.
  • EmilyTwist1
    EmilyTwist1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't see any need for getting rid of leg hair, lol. But I have done it. When I do bother with it, I shave. I use a decently sharp razor and shaving cream. I tried Nair on my legs once, and it had no effect. I've never had issues with shaving my legs (same goes for under-arms).

Bikini area is different story. I'd always get little cuts and I'd get horrible itching once the hair started to grow back. After a couple months it started growing back much faster, so two hours later I'd need to shave again. I tried Nair for the bikini area, but that also had very little effect, and it gave me chemical burns. So far the only thing that has worked in that area is plucking (don't have the money for waxing).
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Waxing gives the best results for me