Summer's coming and I want to wear skirts!

Options
SingeSange
SingeSange Posts: 98 Member
I want to wear skirts and dresses this summer and feel more girly. I'm tired of wearing capris every summer because I'm overweight. I don't feel comfortable in shorts because they always ride up my thighs. Capris cut me off at the largest part of my calf. And I just want to wear skirts & dresses! But, what can I wear underneath to keep my thighs from rubbing together? Big(ish) girl, big thighs... it's a problem! Anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• eloelochat
    eloelochat Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like skorts by Lee. They are cute short skirts with a short underneath them. I have a olive green one that is really cute. The other option is a lycra mini short like those for biking or aerobics. Ultimately, I wear short leggings under short dresses that look like tunics. Yeah to summer skirts!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of black cotton leggings that I cut off around my knee. Sometimes I wear those.. Depends how short the skirt is that want to wear. Sometimes just a slip, and sandals. Ive seen some skirts in the stores that have shorts attached underneath. Have you seen those? It looks like a skirt but there shorts. I got a pair shhhhh at walmart in the sportswear dept. They had black, gray, I think pink.. There like workout wear. Or something you could wear playing tennis.
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I use a cream called Neat3B which is an anit chaffing cream, I think canisten do a version too.
    I get the Neat3B online but depending where you are it is worth having a work with your chemist.
    I love it as I don't need to wear tights or shorts under my skirts so no extra heat during the summer.
    Hope you rock your skirts this summer
    Nicola xxx
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I get cotton stretch leggings to wear underneath skirts and dresses- I get them usually from H&M or forever 21 (when I'm in the states). I recently found the same kind of leggings, but in shorts- I bought two pairs! For me, the stretch-shorts work well, but the knee-length leggings are also great!
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have leggings I wear. Today they will be capri ones with my dress. Walmart has Just MY size leggings for $5 in shorts, Capris, or full length.
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Cycle shorts!