my365challenge

Options
About my365challenge: 1 year, 148 lbs to lose total - my goal is to lose 100 of that by June 1, 2013

About Me
Female - 5'4"

Heaviest Weight- 303lbs
Lowest Weight- 107lbs
Goal Weight- 155lbs
Starting Weight 6/1/12- 280lbs
Current Weight- 275.4lbs

Here I am - 280 lbs of pure FAT. Believe it or not, this is not my heaviest weight. I did weigh 303 once. Avoiding breads and carbs has managed to knock off 26 lbs. But I still hold the weight of 2 adult females. What you see is a decade of abuse, neglect, depression, unhealthy behavior, and lack of self confidence. My weight is contributed to many things - abusive relationships, lack of self confidence, destructive behavior, over eating - but most of all - ME. I did this to myself. And today I take the first step into taking my life back.

Why I Want To Get In Shape
My weight is a huge hinder on my life - I haven’t lived in so long, I don’t even remember what it feels like to be alive. There was a time about 5 years ago when I set off on a weightloss journey - lost 67 lbs in 3 1/2 months. I managed to since gain that back plus a few more. This is it. I am done living like this. I don’t see my friends. I can’t find a good job. My weight has kept me from all of the things I love. And today, I begin to crack down and take accountability. Please feel free to support me, as I have avoided help and support my whole life. Please feel free to encourage me, as I have allowed words to knock me down my whole life. Please feel free to criticize me, as your words cannot touch me. I have been my biggest enemy my whole life. I am ready to be my biggest supporter now. TODAY, I TAKE BACK MY LIFE - ONE POUND AT A TIME.

My Inspirations
I want to get MARRIED.
I want to be able to start a FAMILY.
I want to be FIT AND HEALTHY.
I want my LIFE BACK!

Replies

• AmandaDawesno2
    Options
    Welcome to mfp, I have been here 2 weeks and have lost 5 kilo or 11 pounds however you want to look at it, i love making new friends feel free to add me I have alot of weight to lose
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    congratulations for taking the first step in your new life! i'm so excited for you and stoked to see you're fired up about making a real change! good luck!! :)
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I truely understand everything you just said! This is an awesome place. Remember one day at a time , if you mess up forgive yourself and start new everyday!
  • spokaloo
    spokaloo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have exactly what it takes to make it happen. Determination! I wish you much success on your journey. I think you will find MFP to be very easy to use to track your calories, exercise, goals and progress. Good luck!
  • PinkOrangeYellow
    Options
    hello and welcome :flowerforyou:

I found a lot of what you said quite moving as some of it resonates with me.

I have sent you a friends request....

All the very best to you :smile:
  • haines99
    haines99 Posts: 14
    Options
    Welcome aboard. One day at a time - I like your positive thinking. I have friended you to help you along. This site is full of inspirational people and ideas. We are all here for you. Go girl!!!
  • my365challenge
    my365challenge Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to MFP so I'm still learning how to use this forum! Please add me! :)
  • my365challenge
    my365challenge Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support!! :)
  • angelam82
    angelam82 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey :)