Hi...I'm Palmer

Options
Hey there MFP community

I'm Palmer, 23 from Sydney Australia. This is my first step towards a new me where I'm hoping to finally take control of what I eat and how much I work out.

I recently returned from a road trip around the US with fellow MFP Rory Smith who has told me much about MFP and how everyone really helped motivate him to work out and keep up to date with his progress.

I'm really excited about this new chapter in my life and am hoping that you would share it with me.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and help motivate me to my best. I'm still very new at this and any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear form all of you soon.

Palmer

Replies

• abencase
    abencase Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Palmer! What are your goals?
  • dpalmer_88
    Options
    I'd say my goals are to start eating healthier, attend the gym as much as possible and keep a good over look of myself. I want to walk more and be active.
  • ladyluck4210
    ladyluck4210 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hello!

The goals you have are a great start. Stick around here and you will see how awesome this community is. It can be easy to get discouraged if you don't see the progress as quickly as you'd like but never forget that you're doing this for you...no one else. I've been on this journey for a year now...have had some set backs, but I am getting back on track and am excited to move forward. I wish you all the best...if you need another motivation partner let me know!

~Becki
  • dpalmer_88
    Options
    Absolutely great words Becki...thank you so much for responding to my post. I'm still very new at this and I'm slowly seeing changes once the pain stops hurting.

I'm loving it though. :D
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Hiya, Welcome!! Good luck. Feel free to add me if you'd like, I'm here most days. :)
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Palmer,

I've been on MFP since Jan of this year. It isn't about being on a diet but about eating differently. No food should ever be banned. If you want it, have it as long as you make adjustments to your day's food diary. I have also reduced my portion sizes dramatically.

The best thing about this site is the support you get from the friends you make - they are invariably more supportive than family as we are all in the same boat with the same goals,

So if you feel lime have a nutty pal from the UK, add me as a friend,

Good luck.

Sue
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hey there MFP community

I'm Palmer, 23 from Sydney Australia. This is my first step towards a new me where I'm hoping to finally take control of what I eat and how much I work out.

I recently returned from a road trip around the US with fellow MFP Rory Smith who has told me much about MFP and how everyone really helped motivate him to work out and keep up to date with his progress.

I'm really excited about this new chapter in my life and am hoping that you would share it with me.

Please feel free to add me as a friend and help motivate me to my best. I'm still very new at this and any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to hear form all of you soon.

Palmer

Welcome! The trip sounds fantastic, I'm sure you saw more in the 3 months then I've seen in my entire life in this country. I've had Rory on my list forevs, so i'm gonna add you too. :)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!!

I have only been here a short while. It is a great tool and I am sure the whole community thing in good too. Best of luck!!!

Michelle K.