Anyone want to plan a short juice cleanse?

Options
Hello out there! I am thinking of doing a short juice cleanse- like 3 days but have not yet been able to motivate myself to do so. I was hoping a few others to be accountable to would help. Takers?

Replies

• missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i did that a couple of months ago and gained several pounds. no thanks :smile:
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Food is too good to do a juice cleanse!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I am much more interested in providing my body a few days of healthy easy nutrition and such. I have a pretty clean and healthy diet but was hoping to do a bit of a refresh and get back to a healthier diet. I am more interested in the health part than the weight part although it seems strange that you would gain weight. I have not ever heard anyone with that result... hmm. Good luck to you! When I do it I will post again about if I do also.
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm game, I have a good juicer and juiced for a few weeks some months back. It's a great way to get energy and nutrition. I will be out of town this weekend, but you want to start on Monday? I will send you a message so we can coordinate.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    What health benefits do you suppose you will get by restricting your intake to juices?

Don't get me wrong, you can do as you please but I'm curious why you think this will be beneficial.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Your body can cleanse itself just fine.
    I mean if you really feel like that's what you want to do for more reasons then a cleanse than it's your body, you can do whatever you want with it lol.

=]
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You should try Advocare's 10 day cleanse program. It was amazing. I felt so much better.
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I am much more interested in providing my body a few days of healthy easy nutrition and such. I have a pretty clean and healthy diet but was hoping to do a bit of a refresh and get back to a healthier diet. I am more interested in the health part than the weight part although it seems strange that you would gain weight. I have not ever heard anyone with that result... hmm. Good luck to you! When I do it I will post again about if I do also.

i think i gained weight b/c i was starving all the time and i would drink juice, etc. (i used broths and protein shakes, too) in place of food and i drank way more calories than when i ate food. the first day was easy, but after that, it was horrible and i had headaches and was weak. i think some people have very good results, but personally, i agree with the other poster who said food is just too good! LOL
  • PaulaALJ
    PaulaALJ Posts: 27
    Options
    So I recently watched a documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and thought that I would be interesting to try a juice cleanse. I mean I do have my doubts about it because I believe a healthy diet is all you ever need but the movie did point out many benefits that I'm willing to test out for myself. Has anybody watched it? I can also try starting Monday! so please feel free to contact me about it. :)
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You should try Advocare's 10 day cleanse program. It was amazing. I felt so much better.

It is a 10 day program by Advocare. I think it costs around $30. You cut out dairy, sugar, wheat, high glycemic fruits, and red meat. Day 1-3 you have this fiber drink in the morning before breakfast. It's not a simple metamucil type product. It has both soluble and non-soluble fibers in it. Those nights you take a digestive pill pack. On days 4-6 you take a pack of probiotics in the morning and your nightly pill pack. By day 7-10 you go back to the fiber drink and morning probiotics but you've used up your night time pill pack. The idea is to cleanse your body and get rid of toxins and bad bacteria. You restore your digestive system to become more healthy and efficient. You will feel lighter and healthier. My girlfriend noticed improved skin tone and was healthier and lighter. She lost 5lbs in those 10 days and I lost 6lbs. It was a great little program.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    just drink water for 24 hours...no need to buy anything. then eat good for 4-5 days, then do another 24 hour water fast. you can also drink coffee during the 24 hour fast.

I am not saying this is healthy or beneficial for YOU but I have done it and liked the results. I would never suggest going longer than 24 hours without food.

save your money.
  • Charlottejogs
    Options
    I have seen Fat Sick and Nearly Dead and that is what motivated me to buy my juicer. I think that juicing has been the nutritional change that allowed me to stop using an inhaler. I feel energetic and discomfort free after my juice. After doing Insanity and seeing little result in the second month I have decided to focus on nutrition and healthy diet for awhile so this seemed like a good kick off. There is mixed literature about juice fast/cleanse...I am up for trying it out though.

I think people will like the idea more if I call it a micro nutrition spike :)
  • NubyGloom
    NubyGloom Posts: 49
    Options
    If your looking into juices and healthy stuff, May i suggest eating for energy. check it out here >
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ3qYMvEGEw

Maybe so this for a week ^.^
    this is the books site.. let me know if you do not want to pay and I can message you some of the meal plan and recipes ^.^
    http://www.EatingforEnergy.ca
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see any compelling evidence that there's any benefit whatsoever to juicing compared to just eating a nutritious balanced diet. ( I haven't seen the movie yet but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that restricting yourself to fruits & vegetables - even juiced - has to be a better alternative to eating at the golden arches)
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    So I recently watched a documentary "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and thought that I would be interesting to try a juice cleanse. I mean I do have my doubts about it because I believe a healthy diet is all you ever need but the movie did point out many benefits that I'm willing to test out for myself. Has anybody watched it? I can also try starting Monday! so please feel free to contact me about it. :)

Documentary, my *kitten*.

It's a glorified informercial.
  • Charlottejogs
    Options

Documentary, my *kitten*.

It's a glorified informercial.

Perhaps next time I will create a thread inviting those who want to speak about the potential positives of juice. I am sure that the MFP goers know everything anyway- why look for information or try to learn from other's experiences. Geez!
  • Charlottejogs
    Options
    I apologize- I am done and will take my leave now. Thanks for the good feedback and resources!
  • foreverxena
    foreverxena Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of my 10 day goal of a juice cleanse. I'm using recipes from Juicing for Life I got at Half Price Books. So far I feet good. I did eat a little hummus today thought because I hit a craving.