I hate the scale!

Options
Dear bathroom scale,

Every few days after hard work and dedication with my diet and workout plan you still feel the need to judge me. Your stupid needle never budges. I have tried everything to make you happy and you just sit there being a judgmental jerk. I don't know why I feel the need to see you after all the pain you have caused me. Fortunately, I know that you cannot tell me

1. How muscular I am.
2. That I am a great person.
3. How much my friends and family love me.
4. And that no matter what your needle tells me, I know that you will not dictate my life any longer.

To all of you out there who jump on the scale every morning only to be disappointed.......Eff the scale because you are all amazingly beautiful people who kick *kitten*. Your scale might not tell you this but you are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work and give yourself a hug from me. I hope everyone has an amazing week ahead of them. Be strong and be safe.

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,106 Member
    Options
    I have learned how to dismiss the scale, but I love this post! Hope you have a great week ahead too!
  • nomayo
    nomayo Posts: 228
    Options
    bump.
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Dear bathroom scale,

Every few days after hard work and dedication with my diet and workout plan you still feel the need to judge me. Your stupid needle never budges. I have tried everything to make you happy and you just sit there being a judgmental jerk. I don't know why I feel the need to see you after all the pain you have caused me. Fortunately, I know that you cannot tell me

1. How muscular I am.
    2. That I am a great person.
    3. How much my friends and family love me.
    4. And that no matter what your needle tells me, I know that you will not dictate my life any longer.

To all of you out there who jump on the scale every morning only to be disappointed.......Eff the scale because you are all amazingly beautiful people who kick *kitten*. Your scale might not tell you this but you are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work and give yourself a hug from me. I hope everyone has an amazing week ahead of them. Be strong and be safe.
    Thank you! I needed to read this!
  • crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    My scale hasn't budged in several weeks... but we did a brief weigh loss challenge at work and the scale we used there told me I was down 4.5 pounds... when I 'weigh in' on MFP, I use my scale results, not the others... but was wondering if I should bring my scale in to have a chat with the work one... maybe it's bitter because I've punished it so much over the years...
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I always try to convince myself the scale is wrong. Water weight, muscle always add some poundage. I even add a few pounds because my underwear weighs a lot! LOL but I am no longer going to be it's slave. I know I have more endurance and muscle and eat much healthier than i did when I weighed 30 pounds less than I do now. So I am no longer listening to the scale or my lunatic doctor. I am going by how my body feels.

I always told myself I would do the things I loved "when I lost weight" and was thinner. I am not going to wait for my life to start. I am just going to dive in head first and enjoy because life is too damn short to worry about every freaking calorie.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Needed to read that! :) *hug*
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    AGREED!!! I've been working my butt off only to lose 4 pounds and I was so confused and sad until I took my measurements and HOLY COW there was a HUUGE difference. The scale is a liar and a hater. Stupid scale.
  • callysuemcgoo
    callysuemcgoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, really needed to hear that, your post has given me encouragement to keep going, have a great week
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My scale was so mean to me..I've locked it in the closet until it behaves! At least once per week, I let it out when it promises to behave, and occasionally it does, but usually it hasn't learned and has to be locked back in there.

If I could trust it, I'd leave it out in the open, but I think it's happier in the closet!
  • Nahnita
    Nahnita Posts: 23
    Options
    Yeah!!! EFF the scale! :) Thanks for your message :) I have been feeling the same way and you make me want to high five you!!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Thank you for a great post. Enjoy your week.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    Love it!! Me and the scale have a love/hate relationship!!
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I'm so glad my post cheered you up. Every time you feel upset you should remember that the scale is nothing but a number. If your like me you set extremely high standards for yourself and have a goal weight that is ridiculous to obtain. Just let go and let nature take its course. Good luck to everyone and keep up the great work!
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I believe that my scale is just so bored with me being overweight for Sooooooooooooo long, that it checked out. When he checks back in (soon I hope) I may be a lot smaller than I think!!! :smile:
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm the other way round, the scales like me, but the tape measure hates me...and thats what I want!!! Pfft!
  • callysuemcgoo
    callysuemcgoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been on MFP since end of may and apart from a holiday blip ive been keeping my calories in the required field and exercising 3 - 4 times per week with light strenght training on and off in the past two weeks the needle hasnt moved quarter of an inch, getting frustrated here, having a beach holiday in 8 weeks and need to lose at least 14lbs. Anyone else out there having these issues?
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My relationship with the scale has improved but we have a love/hate relationship.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    AGREED!!

Anyone else feel really good some days and then you get on the scale only to have it tell you that you're wrong, you're not feeling what you think you're feeling?

Some days I get on convinced i'm lighter, every bit of me is telling me that i'm heading in the right direction but then BAM that damn scale brings you crashing back to reality....you haven't lost a thing!!!

I'm going to put mine away for a couple of weeks and just "go with it"....what harm can it do?! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!