10 Stone to go and need support!!!

Options
Hi guys,

I have 10 stone to lose and after trying unsuccessfully for years at every slimming club under the sun, I have decided to stop throwing my money away and get myself some motivation and determination and do it once and for all.

I think Fitness Pal is great, I just need to make sure I do log everything that I eat. I am getting monitored by my doctor once a fortnight so no scale hopping after every wee, in fact I have thrown them away.

Wish me luck guys, your support will be invaluable and I am happy to accept any new friends so we can support each other all the way.

Ginny

Replies

• LozzieWebb
    LozzieWebb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hiya You've certainly come to the right place! I joined MFP about 2 weeks ago and have lost 7.5 lbs! I've got about 10 (or 11?) stone to lose - I'll re-evaluate when I get nearer to goal. I've sent you a friend request so that we can support and encourage each other as the pounds melt away :smile:
  • MrsMappley
    Options
    Hi Lozzie,

Thanks for the add, you have had a brilliant start. I am so glad I took the time out this morning to finally get my head around this and am so looking forward to all the support I will receive along with all the support I can offer to people too. .

Good luck this week :-)

Ginny x
  • jaimica31
    jaimica31 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi I would like to support you as well... WE CAN DO THIS...
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I think this place is working (even though i had a baddie day yesterday). It could have been worse, at leaset my cheating was on low calorie cheats. I would have really went wild if it wasn't for logging all the stuff yesterday.

I feel back in control today, and maybe needed a extra calorie day since I have lost 12 pounds so quickly.

The support and inpiration here helps.
  • maclelland4
    maclelland4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    add me as a friendneed all the help I can get was doing goodlost 28lbs last few weeks not so good need all the help I can get
  • joanneonline
    joanneonline Posts: 158
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision! I've been on MFP since January and it has helped me a great deal. Feel free to add me.
  • TriedEverything
    TriedEverything Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP! :happy: It's a really good site, and won't cost you a fortune like slimming clubs do.

I have also been to every slimming club that's going, and tried medication in the past (which I think is now banned!) as well as other weird and wonderful diets which didn't work (hence my username! :ohwell: )

I am making some progress on here - not as fast as I would like, because as soon as a special occasion comes along, it seems to send the scales back up in the wrong direction! But I feel I will get there in the end, if I persevere. (I have just over 4 stone to lose). The support on here is amazing!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, and good luck for your weight loss journey - you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsMappley
    Options
    Well Done, a 12lb loss is excellent. I am going to take it one day at a time so if I fall off the lorry, I won't scorn myself too badly and just get straight back on it again. x x
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    good luck! mfp is brilliant!! as long as you long everything you will lose that weight!!
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to MFP.
    You've taken the first step which is brilliant! Well done.
    Been on MFP since January and loving it.
    Feel free to add me.
    Best of luck in your journey :flowerforyou:
  • MrsMappley
    Options
    Thanks for all your messages, I am really overwhelmed and pleased to have all your support. I promise to support you all too, so let's beat the crap out of this fat once and for all :wink:
  • ShioriSan
    ShioriSan Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome, welcome! We're happy to have you!

You and I have pretty much the same goal, so let's hunker down and beat the snot out of our weight together! I can already picture ourselves in a year, looking at our "before" pictures and kicking ourselves for thinking it was going to be too hard!

Feel free to add me if you'd like, I'd love to have you as a friend. It's nice to know that I'm not the only person out there with over 100 lbs to lose! I love this site and I've only been on it for a few days. :)
  • juzhaz
    juzhaz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ginny

I was in your position 10 months ago and so far have managed to shift 10 stone 3 lb I have used MFP a lot to motivate myself and get motivation from others. I am happy to help in any way I can, good luck and stick with it. Feel free to add.

Justin
  • naseron
    naseron Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello

I wish you all the best of luck and stay positive. I have only just joined myself but even after two weeks I feel stronger and healthier by the day. I know you will too. Good luck!
  • Dra57
    Dra57 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great. Welcome on board this site is great.

Add me as friend if you like.
  • tscagg
    tscagg Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello Ginny and Congratulations on taking the first step in getting your body back in a fit and healthy state. :love: I'm glad you threw the scale away, it's about how your feel and look, not numbers, but a nice little dress size is pretty nice! lol There are so many resources here and on the internet to help you stay motivated. I recommend looking into the primal blueprint, paleo diet, and inflammation syndrome, to name a few. Keeping your carbs between 50-100 also recommended. I continue to lose weight since March this way and this morning started cleaning out my closet of the clothes that I'll never ever need again! It is a lifestyle change and learning to eat different. I love to cook and bake and eat out. My life revolves around food. That hasn't changed, but now I know how to make healthy choices when I eat out and I'm not taking everything when I cook. It's all good! You too can do it, trust the process and you'll see a new you start to emerge. :flowerforyou:
  • TheCeebles
    TheCeebles Posts: 67
    Options
    Hi Ginny,

I was in your shoes around 7 years ago, i was lost, i didnt know where to start and i didnt want to throw money away at silly slimming clubs. All i did was became focused, got some friends to help me on my journey, moved my *kitten* and never looked back. At 18 i was around 165kgs, i'm 24 now and i'm now at 99.8kgs.

you CAN do it. you CAN change for the better!