PROBLEM DRINKING ALCOHOL LEADS TO EATING!!!!!

Options
I done it once again! once i have a big drink I could eat englandd its ridiculous, then wheny our hungover im the type of person who needs food to make me feel bettter!!!
does anyonee elsee do thiss or is just mee?

Replies

• dizzydi1968
    dizzydi1968 Posts: 564
    Options
    Yeah I am the same. Not sure where you are from? but nobody binge drinks like us Brits:drinker:

I go out for a 'big drink' every friday night and have done all through my lifestyle change.

My friday night intake is either 3 to 5 pints of lager or 3 to 5 wine & sodas followed by 10/12 vodka & diet cokes :blushing:

I save up calories for this by being super strict during the week and doing 5/6 cardio classes.

I NEVER allow myself to eat drunk but I do need to 'feed my hangover' so I keep caloreis back for that too.

I'm sure people here will say that this is wrong, there are an awful lot of anti-alcohol posters here but it has worked for me.
  • pinkpip
    pinkpip Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    im from north east englandd!!
    and i know lmaooo, i do like to have a drink,
    when i drink and ifeel ill ill just eat aload of food, being everything tastes amazing and then it stops me from feelling soo ill"
    then the next day i'll wake up for example today lmao, and think omg why ? i must have ate for a family or something"""
    then when today comes hangover food is the only thing keeping you going!
    i think the only way to stop this, is to stop drinking.... i impossible !!
    and i'll think that one about the hangover food!
    i tihnk people who have hangover and they don't like eating when they feel like that, are lucky people!!
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My fav hangover food that doesn't bust the food budget is a homemade hamburger with tomato and lettuce and lots of condiments except mayo...works everytime and is surprizingly not excessively caloric. If you're feeling exceedingly famished then make two smaller patties with one bun half on the bottom of each. Of course this requires a knife and fork but then this slows you down a bit and is really tastey.

My biggest downfall are the bar nuts and snacks as these really add up!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This is why I have a cheat day or 'period' every week. I got out, get hammered (lots of calories already as I can handle alcohol a bit too well for my liking) and eat a large fatty meal on the way home. Wake up and snack all day on unhealthy items to delay the hangover, go to the gym and double my work out the next day and return to normal for the rest of the week, it seems to work as I think you poo out most of the calories when your stomach is in such a state (or at least that's what I keep on telling myself)
  • bazfitness
    bazfitness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am the same. Not sure where you are from? but nobody binge drinks like us Brits:drinker:

I think my lot might pip you Brits for that dubious honour! :wink: I'm Irish btw!
    Anyway seriously drinking prowess is nothing to be proud of. It's way too ingrained in the European psyche - particularly Northern Europeans. I had a range of health tests done recently and my liver is not great. Mightn't be a bad idea for drinkers to have it checked out. I had already cut back in recent times, but might even have to cut it further or out completely.

Anyway there is one way to go about your drinking days a lot better where you can avoid putting on fat. Keep your fat food intake very low, get your carbs from fresh fruit and veg and eat basically all the protein you like. Also have alcohol that is low in carbs. The reasoning behind all that if I remember right is that consuming alcohol doesn't discourage fat storage. There's a really good article on leangains.com about it http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html. So if you want to have your alcohol binges and not put on weight that's the way to go - still might be buggering up your liver mind!