Bridal Shower Gift Ideas?

Options
Kimmer2011
Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
My cousin is getting married in September, and the shower is this month. I want to get them some kitchen stuff, and include a recipe book of healthy recipes, something I know they're both interested in. They both work full time, and my cousin is working on his Master's Degree, so they don't have a lot of time to cook. I also want to include some food items, like homemade granola, and maybe some "coupons" for meals delivered to their refrigerator. Any ideas for things to include, either non-perishable for the shower itself, or meal suggestions that I can take them?

Replies

• foodietrudie
    Options
    Soup is a yummy and healthy option, also try lean meats or fish with veggies, try to include coupons for things they both enjoy and you could even make fresh bread or muffins and let them store it in their freezer!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Those are great ideas, thanks!
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    If you want a non food item, you could also include a food scale. They are fairly inexpensive and so useful. My future SIL got one at a recent shower, and it went over really well.

As for meals, different casseroles, like fresh baked ziti or healthy lasagna (I love eggplant and veggie lasagna), are great, because you can make them as healthy and individualized as you want. You can also put them together, cooking the ingredients that you'd normally precook but not bake it , so all the newlyweds have to do is take it out of the fridge and pop it in the oven when they get home from work for a freshly cooked meal with no preparation time, only the time it takes to cook.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    homemade preserves, canned items, homemade vanilla extract or vanilla sugar, or things like that. You could also get them an herb box and some seeds so they could make their own herb box, they are low maintenance and really cool in my opinion. You could also get them like a ninja or some other kind of food processor, I love mine. Compound buttters arent that hard and really impressive! You could do savory with herbs or sweet, like a honey cinnamon. Yum!

Hope these help!!